Tablet needed for reading PDFs

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Tablet needed mainly for reading PDFs

1. Budget : INR10000
  2. Display type and size : 10 Inch (as i think it will be a good experience to read on 10 inches instead of 7 inch tablet)
  3. Dual sim : Not Required, Calling facility not needed.
  4. Preferred choice of brand : Any good brand having better A.S.S.
  5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) : Ok Sort
  6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). : Android
  7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). : Any
  8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) :
    • Reading Magazines in PDF form / Scanned PDFs and some ebooks (hindi novels) whose app is only available on Android / windows 8.1 etc.
    • Internet surfing (wifi can be used) & may be rarely skype call (not certain)
    • Music / video clips
    • No games at all.
  9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration : HP 10 Tab
  10. Any other info that you want to share : it will be the first tablet and these guys are not interested in rooting and doing a lot of tech stuff on it. the son might check a little but the mom will not. also they don't have a lot of money and want this to last for quite some time so good ASS is expected. they already have a kobo glo on which they read ebooks so no ereader suggestion please.
    If we think of smaller ones, What about Ipad mini? i think that is available around 16k.

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
will 7.9 inch be ok for reading PDF magazines? also i am a little reluctant to suggest xiaomi because of their inefficient A.S.S.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
will 7.9 inch be ok for reading PDF magazines? also i am a little reluctant to suggest xiaomi because of their inefficient A.S.S.
7.9 inch isn't good for reading magazines... You could read those magazines of the size of Readers Digest, etc though... Anything larger and it will strain your eyes... For standard size magazines like Digit, Cosmopolitan, Vogue, etc etc, the minimum is approx 10 inch...
Source: Personal experience

Top Bottom