Tablet buying advice [Upto 12-13k]

Gtb93

In the zone
Greetings TDF!
I'm looking for a tablet for my mum. I'm not very into tablets, hence my very limited knowledge about them.
Here are the requirements, any help would be great!

Regular Skype: A Good front camera would be great. Screen should be decent enough. (3g support)
Storage: Not an issue, upto 4-6gb is more than enough.
Screen size- Doesn't matter.
Touch reponsivess should be good.
Basic web browsing(nothing intensive).
Games- Fruit Ninja and a few regular kind of games (just timepass, nothing serious).
Movies- Would load some movies onto the tab, so decent screen and ability to play HD/MKV other formats would be a bonus.
Weight: Lightweight-medium is preferred.

That's basically it. As you can see skype, regular net browsing and occassional movie watching are the only requirements from the tab. Looking for a cheap tablet but possibly can stretch upto 12k if the need be.

Now, for some really newbie questions from my end-
1. When they say 3g supported, it means we can use a regular mobile sim with 3g activated right? It doesn't require a dongle does it?
2. How much battery life does the average tab give you?

Thank you guys.
-Gtb

tkin

Back to school!!
Greetings TDF!
I'm looking for a tablet for my mum. I'm not very into tablets, hence my very limited knowledge about them.
Here are the requirements, any help would be great!

Regular Skype: A Good front camera would be great. Screen should be decent enough. (3g support)
Storage: Not an issue, upto 4-6gb is more than enough.
Screen size- Doesn't matter.
Touch reponsivess should be good.
Basic web browsing(nothing intensive).
Games- Fruit Ninja and a few regular kind of games (just timepass, nothing serious).
Movies- Would load some movies onto the tab, so decent screen and ability to play HD/MKV other formats would be a bonus.
Weight: Lightweight-medium is preferred.

That's basically it. As you can see skype, regular net browsing and occassional movie watching are the only requirements from the tab. Looking for a cheap tablet but possibly can stretch upto 12k if the need be.

Now, for some really newbie questions from my end-
1. When they say 3g supported, it means we can use a regular mobile sim with 3g activated right? It doesn't require a dongle does it?
2. How much battery life does the average tab give you?

Thank you guys.
-Gtb
First answers to your queries:
1. It usually means 3g dongle support, look if GSM word is present in specs, it means sim support.
2. Depends, Galaxy Tab 2 gives a day of low-moderate use.

For you best bet is:
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3110 - Samsung: Flipkart.com -Wifi Only

If you want GSM support(i.e Sim support+3g on sim), this tab has unbelievable hardware, but I have doubts about its after sales service: iberry Auxus CoreX4 3G Quad Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 9.7" IPS 2GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay

OP
Gtb93

Gtb93

In the zone
Thanks for the answers.

- I'd really prefer GSM support over Wifi/Dongle.
- I can't stretch my budget upto 15k, although the specs of the tab you mentioned are amazing. o_O

tkin

Back to school!!
Here: iberry Auxus CoreX2 3G Dual Core 1.6GHz Tablet + Phone 7" IPS 1GB RAM 3G SIM | eBay

Geek9

Right off the assembly line
Wow, now that's a sweet tab. Thanks for that, I will get back on this thread when I decide. :D

When they 3G support, please be careful, not all tablets with 3G support means sim support. Some support via 3G modems and within that also there are limitations that not all 3G dongles are compatible with android tablets. Hence its best to go for a tablet which has inbuilt 3G Sim support.

One of the tablets that I have come accross with 3G video calling plus dual core processor is Domo X3G SE @ 8888 on most online portals - got ebay link for you

DOMO Slate X3G SE Android 4 ICS Tablet + Phone 1 GHz Dual Core Dual Sim 3G | eBay

Brand is not much heard off but I have read reviews about them and seems promising, specially their after sales support which we all are worried of have come out positive in online reviews and ebay feedbacks

All the best for your buy :)

Top Bottom