Tablet advice

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi guys wanted some help regarding android tablets
I have a lot of iPads and stuff at home and don't want an iPad mini coz its not worth it and I didn't like it much
I short listed the nexus 7 2012 I don't mind lack of camera or whatever
My question being
I have my entrance exams till April so I will buy the tab by the end of April so I'm not sure if the product will be discontinued by then coz only the 32gb model is still available on flipkart (I was anyways gonna buy that) but the other models are no longer listed
Should I buy the 2013 model instead and my budget is 15k roughly and I have no issues with the pricing as such and just want a vfm deal for a tab for browsing ,apps , a few games etc and good service (no Indian brands whatsoever )
I don't need the missing features of the 2012 model ,just need a supplement to my phone,which I should be able to carry around instead of a bulky iPad (my primary tablet)
Thanks in advance and pls don't suggest any Indian brands or Samsung ,nexus is the only android device I found a great alternative to for the iPad mini
Am however open to suggestions for any similiar tabs offering a nexus like experience and even tablets from the US are welcome I can ask my bro to buy it for me there and ship it here

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nexus 3 2013 eyes closed.

Although I was able to get my hands on Nexus 7 2012 16 GB model before it was permanently discontinued I would love to have a N7 2013 model now. Reason being that 2012 model is now EOLed. And the results are bad. Canonical for eg recently discontinued the Ubuntu Touch version for N7 2012 model and instead would be releasing the ROM for only 2013 now.

With the kind of experience you would get from N7 2013 model you won't need anything other. But the LTE version does cost around Rs 27k. But if you don't need 3G then the Wifi version at around Rs 21k would suit you.

OP
K

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I probably will get a wifi one as ill hotspot from my phone on the go however any idea if the wifi model has the GPS module?like the wifi IPad doesn't come with a GPS module,only the gsm/cdma ones have it so I had to purchase the 3G and LTE models when I bought them
And will the 2013 model get a price drop anytime soon or is it worth buying straight from google in the US?my cousin is in Boston so he can ship it to me anytime
And is the chromecast a good add on for the nexus?

Sorry for so many queries and thanks for ur previous comments

Top Bottom