System upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby23

Broken In
I want to upgrade certain components of my system. I have bold the components I want to upgrade. My old system configuration:

Processor: Intel core 2 duo E6700
Motherboard: Asus Commando
Ram: 2*2 GB DDR2 Transcend
Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS (Had 8800GTS but went kaput)
PSU: Zebronics 400W
Cabinet: Zebronics Peace
HDD: 250 GB Sata 2 and 500 GB Sata 2
Monitor: ViewSonic VG1930wm

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: 1st preference: Serious gaming. 2nd: Animation using Autodesk Maya and lastly basic stuff like downloading watching movies, surfing.
I don't want to compromise on gaming, so if not possible to suggest a balanced rig for gaming and animation then suggest a rig for gaming alone.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Max. 40K. Nope cannot extend.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: NO NEED FOR HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers, DVD writer, Cabinet

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March end or April Mid

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Not from scratch. Changed various components in my old system. Mostly assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai. Yes Delta Peripherals. Mostly nope.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am open to both Intel and AMD for processor & Nvidia and AMD for GC. I know many say that AMD has no heat or noise issues with current processors, but since I haven't used AMD I am bit apprehensive. If you have used the processor you are suggesting to me please give feedback on it. Thanks in advance.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: March end or April Mid
Start a thread in March or April end. :) Otherwise this thread needs to be closed.

I know many say that AMD has no heat or noise issues with current processors
AMD didn't have heat and noise issues with previous processors as well.

If you want to buy now, then get this:

Intel i5-2400 @ 11,200
Intel DH67BL @ 5,800
2 * 4 GB RipjawsX 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM @ 3100
MSI HD 6950 2GB Twin Fozr III/OC @ 16,000 (avoid current generation nVidia cards as they are slower than 8800 GTS in 3ds Max/Maya Viewports...lol)
Seasonic S12II 520W Power Supply @ 3700

Total = ~40,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom