system upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i know you all are fed up with posts with computer configs..but pls. see if u can help me out.. :wink:
1.before all i need to know what are pci and pci express??are they a new interface for connecting the graphic cards or are they just graphic cards?how much a pci express card cost??are they better than the current geforce series...

2.i need a suitable high performance mobo for the following processors..(maybe from asus krypton or msi)
amd athlon xp 2800/3000(which do u really suggest me)
pentium 2.8/3.0GHZ(which do u really suggest me)

3.could you suggest me a good sub-woofer 2.1 speaker system not more than 2000 bucks

4.price of the following

17inch samsung crt =
52x cd-rom drive =
combo drive =
a good graphics card within 5000-6000 bucks =
(capable of giving good gameplay atleast in doom3)

thanks!!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey karthik , here are my answers

1. PCI-Express is a new technology for grafix cards which offers double the bandwidth of agp 8x . as of now there is not much (infact neglible) difference between the perofmance of pci-e and their agp counterparts as current generation games are not made for pci-e and hence dont utilise the enormous bandwidth that pci-e offers. but if you want your system to be future proof then you shud go for a pci-e based grafix card as agp will be obsolete sooner or later.

2.I suggest you go for a AMD-64 BIT (939 pin) 3000+ and an ASUS A8-N-E mobo for the best combination in terms of perfomance,features,future proof index,etc.

3. I think you should be able to find a creative 2.1 model for around 2k. check their website for 2.1 models and get the pricing from a creative dealer.

4. 17" Samsung Magic brite-II - 7600-8000/-
52 X CD-ROM Drive (Sony) - 700/-
Combo drive (Liteon) - around 2500-3000/-

go for the vanilla 6600 from Gainward/XFX for around 7k. the gainward one has a 128 bit memory interface and it is a solid brand for nvidia cards. and dont worry the setup i suggested will let you play doom 3 comfortably at medium settings. and ya dont forget to have minimum of 512 mb (400mhz) ddr ram ... 1 Gb is even better.

Happy gaming !!!

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
thanks a lot lot mohit!! :D just some more info..
1.cost of athlon 64 + suitable mobo=???(within 12000??)

2.could you just suggest me the 32-bit highest cpu in AMD and its best combination mobo(Asus or msi) along with their price...
(i guess the mobo u gave for athlon 64 was A7N8X??)

3.i guess u own this..XFX Nvidia PCX 5300 128 MB now is this a pci express graphics card...?if so,how much did it cost for u..if not could u suggest me some good pci express card..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey buddy .. i am here to help u again :D

1. see let me break the pricing for u ,

amd 3000+ 64 bit (939 pin) - around 7500/-
asus a8n-e mobo - around 8000/-

there is a cheaper board that u can buy for the 939 proccy but it is a VIA chipset board which sucks big time for gaming and is no match for the nforce chipsets. the model is Asus A8V-E-Deluxe. i dont know the price of this board but i guess it will be much cheaper than the A8N-E.

2. AMD Sempron's are the only 32 bit processors from AMD at present. the best motherboard for a sempron is undoubtedly the ASUS A7N8X-E-DELUXE. Go for the highest sempron model you can find if u want to go for one that is.

3. Ya i own a XFX PCX 5300 and it is a pci express card ... i had bought it for 5k around 6 months back. now i think u will easily get it for around 4k or even lesser. this is a good card if u have a shoestring budget. if u want a good gaming card go for the xfx 6600gt pci express. it will cost around 11k but will be worth the money.

see there is one more option available for u at present which will solve both your graphic card and mobo needs. u can go for the MSI RS480 M2 motherboard which is based on the ati express chipset and has excellent integrated grafix (upto 128 mb share) . this board along with the 3000+ (939 pin) proccy will cost you around 13k. this is a very good buy and decent enough for gaming ,if you are short on cash go for this and see u can alwaz add a grafix card later on this board as it has a pci express slot also. just make sure you have minimum 512 mb ram (1 gb recommended) for this msi board as you will be sharing 128 mb as your video ram.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@rohanbee
hey buddy i got it for 3300/-around 3 weeks back and i think its worth the money . initially i thought it was overheating or something but then that was just the software giving false warnings.

OP
K

karthik316_2003

Broken In
hi mohit the asus mobo that you specified does not support pci express..it has only an agp 8x slot.i verified it in the asus website itslef..in fact there is no asus mobo the supports pci expressin socket 939 for the amd processors.!and that your pci card is out of the market here in chennai!

anyway im making a new post by the name "system upgrade 2.. pls. try if u can help me out there..by the way do you really need such a costly power supply..? i bought my mercury 400w power supply along with the cabinet for only about 1900..

mohit

The Hardware Labs
in fact there is no asus mobo the supports pci expressin socket 939 for the amd processors.!

dude r u crazy ? the following models from asus are available in india and have pci-e slots. they are all for the 939 pin amd processor. check them.

1. ASUS A8V-E-DELUXE
2. ASUS A8N-E
3. ASUS A8N-SLI
4. ASUS A8N-SLI-DELUXE

and ya u really need a good reliable power supply when u r having a high end system or infact any system .. as your local smps is capable of causing immense damage to ur rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom