System shutdown problem

Bhav

Broken In
one of my friend is facing a problem in his system
his motherboard model is Asus-p5sd2-vm and processor E2180 Intel Pentium dual core ram 1gb intex power supply 450w lg dvd drive 160gb seagate hdd
when ever he start his system it's go's off automatically i have cheek the temp of processor it was 33 c and i have re apply thermal paste and cheek the heat sink also can any one tell me what is the problem in system

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
take the cmos battery out for few minutes(say 15 minutes) and then re-insert it.
also try re-inserting ram from one slot to another.

OP
Bhav

Bhav

Broken In
take the cmos battery out for few minutes(say 15 minutes) and then re-insert it.

i will try it hope this will work

tried both things but didn't worked

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
this could be due to the dust accumulated. try to clean and re-assemble everything. also ,if possible try with another psu.

OP
Bhav

Bhav

Broken In
this could be due to the dust accumulated. try to clean and re-assemble everything. also ,if possible try with another psu.

try this already but no luck one thing when mother board is out side of cabinet then the system workes perfectly i have only concocted the hdd only

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
there can be some loose connections when you put it in your cabby. check those loose connections.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if it works outside cabinet but not inside cabinet then it may be due to some ground shorting issue(something touching the metal cabinet of your PC case under the MB like an unused screw stud).

Top Bottom