System Shock

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The predecessor to Bioshock, System Shock has been in the news for a while now. For those of you who do not know, System Shock was the game that pioneered the mechanics (albeit a lot more complicated) that we see the the Bioshock games plus one of the early true survival horror games. System Shock can be described as a combination of Deus Ex, Thief and Amnesia or Penumbra.

You are an unnamed hacker and have to use your wits, tools, weapons and cybernetic implants to hack, fight and solve your way through a large space station in order to defeat the rogue AI, SHODAN, who has mutated the all the inhabitants into hideous cybernetic mutants. The System Shock series has been a cult classic since its release in 1994 and 1999 (1 and 2 respectively).

The original System Shock is planned for a remake: System Shock is getting a remake - PC Gamer

And System Shock 3 has been teased by Otherside entertainment:

Teaser: Otherside Tease

Info: System Shock 3 teased by Otherside Entertainment - PC Gamer

A more details will follow about 42 hours from the time of writing this.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
So they weren't kidding.

I hope they follow up with System Shock 2 remake as well.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
They have released a pre-alpha demo.

They are also running a kickstarter campaign to fund the rest of the development.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I know about Skywind, its not a first party remake, it does not preserve the soul of morrowind and it will have an ETA when the sun rises in the west and daenerys targeryen is pregnant again

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I tried the pre-alpha demo. Its still somewhat sluggish at times and once it crashed. I guess they still have a lot of work to do.

But overall the game looks pretty good.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But no new gameplay videos? Also, the demo is the new Unreal engine demo or the old Unity engine demo?

Top Bottom