Status
Not open for further replies.

doom_marine

Journeyman
My sytem starts normally and enters windows like it always does but from today suddently the scrren went blank when the system was kept on for 15 mins, the cabinet was on and the cpu fan was working so was the gfx card fans. So i switched off the mains and switched it on again.

Again the system powered on normally and reached the desktop, it said the system recovered from a critical error and needs to send an error report. The report said a driver problem for my display. the display continued to go off requiring a restart like before.

I then uninstallrd my drivers thinking it was the drivers fault, but before i could reinstall any new drivers the same problem happened again.So i dont think its a driver fault.

Could anyone please help

System config in signature

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
no this is not a driver fault but a physical error...
check for temp of pc....
check wheter the rams r properly inserted.... swap their position.....
do get urself the latest drivers from net...
Also which PSU u r having..(350,400,450,***......)
looking at ur config it looks like ur rig has power eating monsters in it.....
If ur having 400 raed PSu then please upgrade tht....

phatratt

In the zone
happens when the drivers of the GPU is corrupted or the SMPS is not having enuf power for the graphics card.

enter the BIOS load at the default settings... also check the RAM it may be causing the fault.. BTW what version of Windows are u using..

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Make sure ur mobo is not facing any irq conflict .. and that the ram modules are running fine .. test them on a different pc ...

OP
doom_marine

doom_marine

Journeyman
i have a 550W Antec TruePower II SMPS the system was working fine from the time i assembled it in January, just had the problem since yesterday.

How do i find if i have an irq conflict and RAM is fine

I'm using Windows XP SP2

janitha

Wise Old Owl
It seems your system is not sufficiently powered. Before doing anything else, enter Bios and see the voltages for different rails. It should not be less than 95% of the specified voltage. ie., it should >11.4 in case of 12V, >4.75 in case of 5V etc. If you find the vlotages to be less, it is high time you buy a better SMPS.

zuala77

Broken In
Hi....i am using the same Cpu as u are....i think...u should check ur PSU....how much does the 12V rail has...from looking at ur config it should at least have 35 amperage.... for an SLI system i am using Antec with 12 volt dual rail..so i am ok......i dont think ur ram or anything has a problem.......people just say its 400 or 450 watt...but what is really important is that...the total amount of amperage it give out......otherwise this machine is smooth and overclocks well.....

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys is 550 watt SMPS enough for AMD X2 4200+,2X 7800 GTXs (with 512 V ram) in SLI,and 2 gig of ram + the regulars ??I have a doubt....

zuala77

Broken In
Hi.... i agree with samrulz...but it would help a lot..if we could know ur Voltage rating 12V...etc...u should have gone for a Dual 12V rail PSu.... cos ur machine will be demanding lots of power...anyways try to install this latest 64 driver..*www.amd.com/usen/Processors/T..._12474,00.html

janitha

Wise Old Owl
zuala77 said:
Hi.... i agree with samrulz...but it would help a lot..if we could know ur Voltage rating 12V...etc...u should have gone for a Dual 12V rail PSu.... cos ur machine will be demanding lots of power...anyways try to install this latest 64 driver..*www.amd.com/usen/Processors/T..._12474,00.html

See, he is using Antec TP 550, one of the best available today. It definitely has dual 12V with 19 amp each. ie., total of a whopping 39 amperes. Which better PSU can we suggest?

So I think the problem is not with the power supply unless the PSU itself is faulty which is far from likely. Anyway make sure about the connections, especially to the GPU.

ashfame

Padawan
my bios doesn't hav any options for checking temp. & voltages.
is this feature specifically available on some motherboards?
or am i missing out something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom