System powers off abruptly!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Guys, I am experiencing strange but a critical problem on my desktop. It is shutting down abruptly. There is no specific interval my system keeps working. This happens at times even before bios is loaded, some times just after the bios screen, some times an hour or 2 after loading the OS and I can work on it in the meanwhile!

System Configuration
----------------------
intel i7 3770
intel DH77EB
corsair vengeance 2 x 4GB
amd raedon HD 7770
Antec vp450p
Antec A40 cpu cooler

things done
------------
1)I checked the CPU and GPU temperature and it was well within limits.

2)I am using an adapter since the power cable is not compatible with the normal UPS. I thought this was creating the trouble. I tried with 2-3 of them and still the same result. I tried a different power cable too.

3)Then I though UPS could be the culprit. I plugged the PC directly to mains and the problem continued.

4)The next chance was for the PSU. I had an antec bp300p lying around there. I tried with it and still same result!

5)next test was on RAM. I used Windows's built in memory checking tool and it didn't show anything suspicious.

6)I took the CMOS battery out for around 10-15 minutes and put it back. still same result. Last time I remember my date was incorrect a month back and changing it via system settings did not succeed. But it got corrected anyway(I don't remember how!). can a bad CMOS battery cause the system to shut down abruptly?

I know I can do some more tests, but the problem is my PC is at my home and I am working at a different location. I can use this PC 4 or 5 days max in a month. I didn't have time to check more on the issue. Now I am suspicious that my motherboard may be the culprit!

Is there something that I can do before visiting a service center? Your opinions would be of great help.

Thanks in Advance

Top Bottom