System not formating......

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankajvdoi

Right off the assembly line
when i m inserting my "XP" cd and restart my system it given option "BOOT FROM CD PRESS ANY KEY" when the setup is starting the setup the after the recovry option the setup is stoping given this massage......
"An unexpacted error(738001920) occured at line 1773 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\arcdisp.c"
this msg is disply in setup screen..
when the we press any key the system is being restart.
so help me this problam.​

pankaj patle
student-SIST BHOPAL(M.P.)
branch-I.T.​

OP
P

pankajvdoi

what is this problem reason,..

what is gparted

what is the procedure of using gparted.

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
what is this problem reason,..

what is gparted

what is the procedure of using gparted.

Answer 1:
GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor application. Before attempting to use it, here is some basic background information.

A hard disk is usually subdivided into one or more partitions. These partitions are normally not re-sizable (making one smaller and the adjacent one larger). The purpose of GParted is to allow the individual to take a hard disk and change the partition organization therein, while preserving the partition contents.

GParted is an industrial-strength package for creating, destroying, resizing, moving, checking and copying partitions, and the file systems on them. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganizing disk usage, copying data residing on hard disks and mirroring one partition with another (disk imaging).

Answer 2:
GParted Live on USB

First, download GParted live zip file.
After the zip file is downloaded, you can make it bootable in a MS Windows or GNU/Linux computer by the following steps (This method only works for the file system in USB flash drive is FAT format. For other file system, you can try to use grub or other bootloader):
Extract files and make USB flash drive bootable under MS windows
  • Choice 1 (Use GUI program in MS windows):
    • You can download this file to help you to create this Live USB flash drive. Just install the program in MS windows, then you can follow the GUI to create the live.
    Choice 2 (Manually):
    • (PS: The following description is modified from: *www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/02/all-in-one-usb-dsl. Thanks to PDLA from *pendrivelinux.com)
      WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
      WARNING!: ***DO NOT RUN*** makeboot.bat from your local hard drive! It should only be run from your USB flash drive. Executing it incorrectly could cause your MS windows not to boot!!!
      1. Download the HP-USB Format tool and format your flash drive using the Fat or Fat32 option. This program can be used to format USB devices that won't boot properly when formatted with MS windows format tool.
      2. Extract all the contents of the zip file to your "flash drive." Keep the directory architecture, for example, makeboot.bat should be in the USB flash drive's top directory (e.g. G:\makeboot.bat).
      3. Browse to your "flash drive" and click the makeboot.bat. WARNING! Makeboot.bat must be run from your USB flash drive. Executing it incorrectly could cause your MS windows not to boot.
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions

Source: *gparted.sourceforge.net

OP
P

pankajvdoi

WHICH TYPE OF DOWNLOAD THERE ARE MANY OPTION:-
they are....

""""GParted

Browse releases of GParted here

GParted Live CD/USB/HD/PXE

Browse Stable releases of GParted Live here.
Browse latest Testing releases GParted Live here.

Browse old LiveCD (0.0.9-alpha1 to 0.3.4-11) releases here.
Browse old LiveUSB (0.2.5-2 to 0.3.1-1) releases here.
Browse old LiveCD (0.3.4-9 to 0.3.4-11) web page here.""""

ajaybc

Youngling
You can download this file to help you to create this Live USB flash drive. Just install the program in MS windows, then you can follow the GUI to create the live.

OP
P

pankajvdoi

the forrmating problem is

"acpi Bios not fully complaint with Acpi specification.,

they displayed :-http:\www.hardware-update.com

please help me///

another problem is.......
system32\driver\pci.sys
they are missing file

another missing file or currupted file is (1) error code-4
(2) file\i386\l_intl.nls
error code-7

its a big trouble for me
pls help guys....

my configration is
ram-512ddr
p4

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I Think maybe your windows installation disk is Corrupt.
And try to use Ranish Partition Manager.
Also Better get Ultimate Boot CD - its around 200MB and has all the emergency tools that we need during emergency.

Such as Virus scan,partition manager tools , defragment,etc

Last edited:

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Change ur CD disk drive, or clean it. Or clean the CD Drive lens. It work

One more thing if it doesn't work then try changing RAM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom