System not booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
Ok, I am getting a few issues here in the system.

All happened after I opened my system to mount new CPU cooler.
After assembling, the system gets on goes in to XP booting screen and then shuts down. Tried a few times and left it in vain that was 2 days back.

Tried booting today, now this time CRT started showing white stripes.
Little working makes me think the SATA power cable is giving problem, so will be changing them. But could not get why CRT started showing white lines. Any comments on the issue.

Beside this, I need little help. I have bought Hyper TX3 CPU cooler and my system is LGA 775, now I did a mistake and one of the ping broke.

So, if anyone who has bought coolermaster CPU cooler for their AMD system, and can sell or give away LGA 775 clips, it would be good help.

OP
A

acewin

Point Blanc
from where buddy, coolermaster guy came checked and went away saying coolermaster do not have bracket clips separately. Actually after the guy checked and went my system stopped working properly. I knew that would happen, I was saying opening the system can give problem. He said that is absurd, IMO all hardware is hardware only, when they are stuck together working fine do not disturb them, when you start cleaning them u get new problems and fixing them becomes headache.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
hmmm are you using a amd cpu? try reverting back to the old stock cooler and see if the problem persists? if not then ask for a replacement from cooler master guys....

OP
A

acewin

Point Blanc
well no replacement can be done I think, and I am running on old stock cooler only. as I said its intel proccy LGA 775 board.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Acewin:
I seem to be confused here. You are on a LGA775 socket, so why you asking for AMD.

So, if anyone who has bought coolermaster CPU cooler for their AMD system, and can sell or give away LGA 775 clips, it would be good help.

Also, check out Lynx, they might have retentions brackets for your cooler. So as of now you are on the Intel Stock cooler..?

OP
A

acewin

Point Blanc
not sure if I can get the retention bracket or not.
Have put the Hyper TX3 for sale. Please anyone who is using AMD and considering to buy a new cooler take it off my hands, you will get a good price offer. Also, if any of the AMD users have bought Coolermaster cooler for AMD system and can spare the bracket clips that too would be nice( I am ready to pay for it).

Piyush

Lanaya
@Acewin:
I seem to be confused here. You are on a LGA775 socket, so why you asking for AMD.

Also, check out Lynx, they might have retentions brackets for your cooler. So as of now you are on the Intel Stock cooler..?

thats what i was thinking
he mentioned lga 775 and was talking about AMD:?
opposite sides of a coin

OP
A

acewin

Point Blanc
dude I said I have intel system.
If you are an AMD user and have bought Coolermaster CPU coolers then you would have spare bracket clips used for LGA 775(not used as you are an AMD user), coolermaster supplies retention bracket and bracket clips for both intel and AMD system together in the same package.
@asigh your sig says hyper 212 hadnt it come with amd retention bracket and clips ??

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

and you wont be using them and maybe thrown them off, same goes for AMD users, intel bracket clips coming supplied would go unused for them. So, if you got my point and can help then please do.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Oh....true. Sorry did not get it. You are hunting AMD users who have the Hyper TX3 and have no use for the LGA775 retention brackets. Bingo....!

Yes, my Hyper 212 AMD clips are rusting away. Though on a side note, next time round, give preference to 'bolt-down' HSFs. The contact is always more integral, as compared to push-pin.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
as for your booting issue, if you say your SATA cable is faulty then try removing it altogether, you should be able to get a beep and your PC should startup with a disk boot failure. If it's going that far then it's a faulty SATA cable.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then you could try replugging your RAM in a different slot. Usually a common problem for inconsistent boot-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom