System just goes calm

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmoody

Broken In
Friendzz i hav been facing this problem for quite some time now....
At times the system startsup fine and after sometime the cooling fan stops rotating making the system go calm..although the led on the cpu still glows
the system just shuts down..and i hav to restart the system...it is not that it happens always...sometimes it justs runs for 4-5 hrs. without a hiccup..
i'm sure there is no software problem coz even reinsatlling the OS didn't help..
i've checked the wires they r fine ..could there be a problem with the SMPS..
PLZ..HELP ME OUT

hash!!

________
try changin the power supply wire.. the one that goes into ur smps... it might be loose... loop the outside with a layer of tape and plug it back in, so that the tape acts like a wedge...
or...
get ur smps checked...

cool2c43

Broken In
when u start the system first check the system performance and check the process memory usage , in some how one process or a program will be using the high performance , so find it out and end the process and uninstall that software

OP
M

madmoody

Broken In
hash!! do u mean the black wire that i plug to the socket that i must change..
and cool2c43 i hav just formatted the system ..i hav not installed even antivirus
so i think that there is no problem with a process overloading the system

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ madmoody

It seems that SMPS is faulty so try changing the SMPS. Next check that cooling fan wire is connected properly & the connection is not loose.

Lastly check that cooling of processor is proper.

hash!!

________
madmoody said:
hash!! do u mean the black wire that i plug to the socket that i must change..
and cool2c43 i hav just formatted the system ..i hav not installed even antivirus
so i think that there is no problem with a process overloading the system
yea dude... the wire that goes from the mains/ups to the back of ur computer into the smps... the power supply cable... try changin it... costs 40-50 bucks i guess... its better than formatting ur hdd or reinstalling windows... not a lotta effort into it.... and before u spend on a new smps, i guess gettin a new wire to cross check, is a better way to start the troubleshooting process...
tho i pretty much think thats the sick nerve.... could be the smps too...

OP
M

madmoody

Broken In
how can i check whether the wire is loose there are 10's of wires going into smps..ijust tried pushing them in and n2casey how do icheck if my processor
is overheating and it is not getting properly cooled

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Open system cabinet & just check the processor fan wire, that it isn't loose.
U can use temperature monitoring software such as Everest to monitor the temperature of processor, try monitoring just before fan stops. If u find an continuous increase in processor temperature then cooling is not proper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom