Prateesh

Broken In
Hi Friends

I am going to buy following config and assemble it by myself

MB : Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
Processor: C2D 2.8 E7400
Graphics Card: GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB
Memory: 2x2GB
Monitor : Samsung 18.5 " ( some 933 series)
HDD: Seagate Sata 500 GB

Let me know your thoughts on it

First of all what are you going to use it for.But anyway
mobo: very nice
processor: you sure you can't splurge a bit more for quads
memory :what speed I'd recommend 1066Mhz at the least for that mobo.
GPU:that is a very weak ass gpu if you decide to gam.
monitor : good enough, but should go for 1680*1050 if you can.

What about the PSU and the cabinet?
If and ever you install win 7 read this *blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=946&page=1

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Here's a rig for you:-

C2D E7400 2.8GHz @ 5.8k
2*2=4GB Zion DDR2 1066MHz RAM @ 2.8k
Gigabyte EP43-DS3 @ 5.5k
Samsung 2033SW 20" @ 7.2k
Seagate 7200.12 500GB HDD @ 3.1k
Sapphire HD4770 512MB GDDR5 @ 7.2k

There!!

paroh

Padawan

C2D E7400 2.8GHz @ 5.8k
Gigabyte EP43-DS3 @ 5.5k

There!!

Config look goods . But as i read in many post that people are having some problem with seagate 500GB.

C2D E7400 2.8GHz @ 5.8k
Gigabyte EP43-DS3 @ 5.5k

There!!
Nice config. Although I recommend something slightly different:

1. replace EP43-DS3 with Biostar A780G M2+ @ 3.2K
2. get AMD Phenom X3 720 Black Edition @ 7.7K.

Price works out somewhat to be the same, but much much more horse power from CPU :twisted:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
But horse power is wasted, more important would be a stronger GPU instead, and a li'l better mobo.

OP
P

Prateesh

Broken In
Hi Friends

I am going to buy following config and assemble it by myself

MB : Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
Processor: C2D 2.8 E7400
Graphics Card: GeForce 9400 GT 512 MB
Memory: 2x2GB
Monitor : Samsung 18.5 " ( some 933 series)
HDD: Seagate Sata 500 GB

Let me know your thoughts on it

Hi All,
Thanks for your Inputs
I bought the same hardware except Monitor ( Which I bought Samsung 19" 943nwx and its awsome)
But regretted the Ram so changing it to Crosair 4 GB 1066 :)

The main purpose of building this system is kind of illegal in this fourm, But I can a drop a hint "I love Mac"

Booting Mac to a non apple system is not illegal, well AFAIK , but yeah the way you get your hands on the OS might be illegal.

BTW what has driven you to a Mac(appswise or interface or the hype or curiosity).

OP
P

Prateesh

Broken In
Booting Mac to a non apple system is not illegal, well AFAIK , but yeah the way you get your hands on the OS might be illegal.

BTW what has driven you to a Mac(appswise or interface or the hype or curiosity).

I know its not illegal but mods in here really doesn't like talking about it

I am part of a team which is going to develop a iPhone App .... Just want myself to get familiarize with "Cocoa" and other framework :) (We got a our iMac @ office but what about using it at home)

Also i get too bored with all stupidilty of Vista and the Future OS (Win 7) of it. instead of making for OS faster and better they are introduction Eye Candy that too with added H/W requiremnet .. I know Mac need that too but atleast its deliver the interface according to H/W requirement.

I don't think you are correct about win7, I am reading that it is gonna be as light as win xp. Anyway I don't think mods(if there are any) are gonna have any trouble if you are using an original Mac OS copy, rather I think it is gonna be informative for other people to know how to boot and use and for programmers here how iPhone works.
Good luck with your app development.

OP
P

Prateesh

Broken In
I don't think you are correct about win7, I am reading that it is gonna be as light as win xp. Anyway I don't think mods(if there are any) are gonna have any trouble if you are using an original Mac OS copy, rather I think it is gonna be informative for other people to know how to boot and use and for programmers here how iPhone works.
Good luck with your app development.

I will surely share my experience here.

But about Win 7, I used the latest beta (Official) of it but I don't think it anywhere near to XP in terms of performance .... But it is surely better than Vista but that is somewhat expected because if it won't then who will gonna buy it ;)

OP
P

Prateesh

Broken In
Hi All,
Thanks for your Inputs
I bought the same hardware except Monitor ( Which I bought Samsung 19" 943nwx and its awsome)

The main purpose of building this system is kind of illegal in this fourm, But I can a drop a hint "I love Mac"

To take me for a full surprise, in my city i didn't find any shop which has any ram with 1066 bus speed .... have to settle with Crosair 4 GB 800 for 2.9 K

OP
P

Prateesh

Broken In
Now its offcial ... Nothing can beat M$ in stupidity
There next gen OS win 7 which is made for PCs .... is not getting installed on this rig
On the other hand Leopard 10.5.7 is running like a charm on it ... speak of irony here :)

Now its offcial ... Nothing can beat M$ in stupidity
There next gen OS win 7 which is made for PCs .... is not getting installed on this rig
On the other hand Leopard 10.5.7 is running like a charm on it ... speak of irony here :)
It is easy to bash others than to look into the problems and solve them,btw what specifically is the problem or error message..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi All,
Thanks for your Inputs

What was wrong with the Zion ram..what issues you faced..?

Also which PSU you got for the rig...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom