symbian in ericsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
which all ericsson cells r based on symbian ? othan than w960i

can we install all those softwares in ericsson's symbian which work in nokia's symbian cells ?(i know this question sounds dumb, but wannna confirm it).

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
vish786 said:
which all ericsson cells r based on symbian ? othan than w960i

can we install all those softwares in ericsson's symbian which work in nokia's symbian cells ?(i know this question sounds dumb, but wannna confirm it).
all the M series (M600 etc), P series (P990i etc.) and W950i and w960i haf symbian uiq.

that is not exactly the symbian thats there on nokia phones. tho the application base is larger than the java app base, its not as exhaustive as the S60 based. the nokia symbian phones are series 60 (S60) whereas the SE phones are UIQ phones. recently SE bought the uiq platform from symbian. so now symbain based phones are classified in 2 categories:

1) nokia symbian - series60
2) se symbian - uiq

apps are not compatible.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
the best analogy i can give for the 2 versions of symbian is this:

think of symbian as the linux kernel, nokia s60 platform as fedora and SE uiq as ubuntu! i guess you are now clear abt it :) btw, there is no 'alien' in uiq to convert s60 apps ;) so they don't work here!

DanielSmith

Broken In
in fact, they are just small differences of the UI(User Interface), the developer are easy to migrate softwares between them.
so you can easy find the same software existed in both devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom