SWITCHING between TWO separate MONITORS with ONE CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincereheart

Broken In
SWITCHING between TWO separate MONITORS with ONE CPU...an EASY way…!!!

Well…

Situation:

a. TWO separate monitor but ONE single CPU…
b. Only ONE Monitor used at any one time…
c. Problem changing the monitor cable to back of CPU everytime…depending on which monitor to be used…

WHAT I WANT:

IS THERE ANY SWITCH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT THING AVAILABLE WHERE I CAN HAVE BOTH THE MONITORS CONNECTED through it to the single CPU AND I CAN CHOOSE WHICH ONE TO USE…….?????????????

This will prevent from disconnecting one monitor cable and connecting another monitor cable and vice versa.

Thanks and best regards,

Sunando

sunandoghosh (at) rediffmail (dot) com

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hey, this is one of ur "Switching between" series of fictional situations, right? :)
What u can do is buy a video card that supports two monitor output. With this setup, u can not only work in one monitor at a time (by cloning) but also extend ur desktop to two monitors.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Yea, a vga splitter wud be a nice idea too. I think it costs around 4K?
A vga splitter can split the input vga signal to two or more vga outputs. You can connect one to your own monitor and the other to a projector or other monitors. NIIT centres have them for online teaching sessions.

AlienTech

In the zone
You can get switchers pretty cheap. manual or electronic. The electronic ones are not very good unless you pay for it. IE signal loss. The longer the monitor cable is the more there is signal loss, especially at higher resolutions. I prefer the manual ones because the signal loss is less, and you can switch it vice versa IE, 2 computers to 1 monitor or 1 computer to 2 monitors etc which the electronic ones unless they are designed to do will not.

You could just as well hook up another video card and have 2 monitors working. I used to do this on my old system using 1 AGP card and a second screen with the PCI one. Some companies like Matrox used to have drivers that worked even before windows allowed you to do this seamlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom