svchost.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirayu garg

Journeyman
whenever I boot my win XP + sp2 system, svchost.exe process ran by network service keeps on running and take 100% cpu usage.
If I stop the process the system restarts.
how to stop it.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
.......If I stop the process the system restarts.
how to stop it......

this clearly means this is an system process. the main issue is actually with any other program which is using this svchost.

Please paste a HijackThis log here.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
@chirayu..
well Hijackthis is used to Scan your computer to find settings changed by spyware, malware or other unwanted programs. Trend Micro HijackThis generates an in-depth report to enable you to analyze and fix your infected computer.

This report is helpful in tracing any malware running in background.

get this from *free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/
dont download the BETA one.

Thanks

khmadhu

change is constant!!
@chirayu

Try this Microsoft patch/hotfix

download and install in safe mode(recommended).

*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...CD-A0B9-497E-8A89-404327772E5A&displaylang=en

papul1993

not a newbie.....
whenever I boot my win XP + sp2 system, svchost.exe process ran by network service keeps on running and take 100% cpu usage.
If I stop the process the system restarts.
how to stop it.
The same problem happened to me too. It was caused by malware that infected my computer through pen drive. I formatted and reinstalled XP.

The same problem was with me when i install xp sp2.I installed Zonealarm firewall + Avast 4.8 and i work fine. Avast in boot time scan ,detected 2 viruses & eleted them but still i had some prob with my network. When the malware tried to access my network , zonealarm blocked it and i work fine .You can try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom