SUSE Studio : Create your own Linux OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/8577/800px-SuSE-logo.svg.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/8578/logo-mini.png​

SUSE studio is the latest Internet Linux creator tool .. That will help you create your own Linux Distro.. So if you are fed up of using Pre-build OS and thinking of something new that should suite your taste then look no further.. SUSE studio is one stop for you and your needs.. SUSE studio is still in Alpha stage so you have to pre-subscribe so that you can use the Studio later when the development is complete..

What can you do with SUSE Studio?
  • Create a tuned server appliance, containing your application and just enough operating system components
  • Spin a live CD or DVD with just the packages and software you need
  • Create a ready-to-run VMware or Xen virtual server appliance
  • Create a live USB key and carry your Linux system with you wherever you go
  • Build a hard disk image for preloading onto hardware
  • Install from your live CD, DVD or USB key to your hard drive

Home Page/ Sign Up : SUSE Studio Signup

Nothing beats that software whose name I forgot, :oops: which can convert your current distro instllation directly to a Live CD. So all you need to do is make a partition, install any distro, or better, LFS, personalise/tweak it as much as you want, then convert it. I think the first version of Knoppix was made this way.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
*www.imgx.org/pfiles/8577/800px-SuSE-logo.svg.png *www.imgx.org/pfiles/8578/logo-mini.png​
SUSE studio is the latest Internet Linux creator tool .. That will help you create your own Linux Distro.. So if you are fed up of using Pre-build OS and thinking of something new that should suite your taste then look no further.. SUSE studio is one stop for you and your needs.. SUSE studio is still in Alpha stage so you have to pre-subscribe so that you can use the Studio later when the development is complete..

You mean it will help me customize the suse iso right?

hullap

Cyborg Agent
Nothing beats that software whose name I forgot, :oops: which can convert your current distro instllation directly to a Live CD. So all you need to do is make a partition, install any distro, or better, LFS, personalise/tweak it as much as you want, then convert it. I think the first version of Knoppix was made this way.
care to google it,
im quite curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom