Suse 9.3 Pro rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolblue

Broken In
Why I love Suse.....Highlights of Suse 9.3 Pro

1. Comes in 5 CDs with tons of wonderful stuff!
2. KDE 3.4, Gnome 2.10, XFCE 4, IceWM 1.2
3. Java (SDK), Flash and Wine preinstalled & ready to use
4. Opera, Real Player, Adobe Acrobat Reader & PDF-to-HTML converter
5. Web browsers: Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Epiphany, Konqueror
6. IM clients: Kopete, Gaim
7. IRC clients: KVIrc, Xchat, Mozilla IRC
8. Email clients: Thunderbird, Evolution, Mozilla mail
9. Media players: Kaffeine, Real Player, XMMS, Amarok, Xine, Totem
10. Telephony: Gnomemeeting, Kphone
11. Video editors: Kino, MainActor, MPEG capture & processing
12. Gimp 2.2.4
13. Novell OpenOffice 2
14. Beagle 0.0.8 (Desktop search application), Xen Virtualisation
15. LILO & Grub

For newbies & students
1. Over 100 fantastic free games like Pacman, Lincity, Chess, Supertux, Tuxracer & much much more!
2. Lots of educational stuff like Tuxtype, Kalzium, Ktouch, Rasmol plus those on astronomy, maths, physics, chemistry and more.......
3. YaST GUI tools to reinstall Grub & troubleshoot Grub issues
4. Beautiful graphical bootscreen (u won't see text roll by the screen at bootup)
5. Beautiful KDE desktop
See SCREENSHOTS here
*shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=322&slide=8&title=suse+linux+9.3+screenshots

For developers
1. IDEs & editors: Kdevelop, Anjuta, Eclipse, Emacs, XEmacs, Vim, KVim
2. Checkinstall, a program enabling u to remove programs compiled from source.
3. KDE development suite, Gnome development suite
4. Perl 5.8.6, Python 2.4, MySQL suite 4.1.1, GCC 3.3.5

+Special programs for handicapped/visually impaired/ppl who can't speak!

What more can anyone want? I think Suse is the IDEAL distro for most of us as most of us have slow/no internet connection.

NOTE: THE SUSE 9.3 PRO DVD DOES NOT CONTAIN ALL PACKAGES. Now, the DVD contains packages for both 64 bit and 32 bit machines. But the 32 bit package is not complete on the DVD, due to lack of space. The 5 CDs are the 32 bit install, and they are COMPLETE & contain many packages that are not included on the DVD due to lack of space.

My elder brother stays in the US and one of my relatives from US are coming here this month with the 5 CDs of Suse 9.3 Pro which I asked my brother to download it for me. WOOOOOOOOWWW! I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUSE!!

By the way, my MOST-HATED distro is Fedora. AAWWWKK!!! No offence intended to Fedora lovers here:)

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Hey that's great as soon as you have them report to me or on this thread. I need it too and so sorry to hear that all contents are not on the DVD while I was requesting a DVD everywhere. BTW, plz make another copy on 5 more CDs and tell me the cost (must be Rs.10-12 per blank CD) and the postage and packing charges... I am dying to have one SuSE 9.3 Pro.. Thnx for your info..

tuxfan

Technomancer
vignesh said:
but is it legal or what ?

Completely LEGAL!! All Linux distros are released under GNU/GPL license. Freedom to copy, modify and redistribute is available ;) That is why its freedomware :D

OP
C

coolblue

Broken In
Suse!!

Suse makes its distro freely available for download after a few weeks of the official release. And now that OpenSuse has come, it will be available for free download to everyone as soon as its released. Go to www.opensuse.org for more interesting info on OpenSuse:)

kaboodle

Broken In
you forgot to mention that it has mplayer also

but it causes a bit problem still with mp3 support which doesn't comes by default with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom