Supreme Commander

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

What is Supreme Commander?

Supreme Commander is a computer game of the real-time strategy (RTS) genre, developed by Chris Taylor's Gas Powered Games and slated for release sometime in 2007.

What is so great in Supreme Commander?

Supreme Commander is great in many ways such has :-

1. Unit Scale.

Unlike other RTS games, where units must be sized to fit reasonably on the screen, the zoom range in Supreme Commander will allow for diversity in unit size. Previews have confirmed that there are units so large that they merely crush smaller units as they travel and some will not even be able to fit on a single screen at the mimimum zoom range of Supreme Commander. The scale is large enough that Supreme Commander will feature sea and air battles as well as nuclear weapons at a realistic scale in addition to land battles.

To accomplish this, Supreme Commander will use fully 3D terrain that is dynamically tessellated as the camera is moved around. Both units and maps will also use normal maps in order to allow for a large amount of detail.

2. Balance.

With such diversity in the size of units, one might expect the balance to be thrown off, making the game a race to build the biggest and most powerful weapons. However, the balance of units in Supreme Commander will be different than most other RTS games; the GameSpy article explains that, as with Total Annihilation, Supreme Commander will be a simulation. What this means is that units will operate using true Newtonian physics. Unlike most RTS games, where weapons are artificially limited in power or range to balance the game and use a die-roll function to randomly determine if a projectile successfully strikes its mark or not, Supreme Commander will use the natural weaknesses of units to keep things even. For example, a very powerful and accurate bomber squadron can devastate a base rather quickly. However, bombers must fly relatively slowly if they are going to accurately bomb a target. On the other hand, the enemy can defend with air units that can move very fast and would have little problem hunting down and destroying the defenseless bombers. Another example is the advantage of holding high ground; projectiles fired from artillery based on a hill would be assisted by gravity in damaging the enemy. These physics will also come into play with respect to hits/misses of projectiles. For example, a tank rolling and firing will have a lower hit rate than one that is stationary while firing.

Other naturally limiting factors will come into play, such as the time and materials that go into making more powerful and advanced units.

Lots more.....

Sound Great What is next?

They are many more in SupCom. It is the only RTS which has massive scale ever.

Any screenshots?

*img247.imageshack.us/img247/2143/post216751152347780thumbjv4.th.jpg
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/2438/post216751154578710hf1.th.jpg
*img247.imageshack.us/img247/5638/post216751154578784tp6.th.jpg

Any trailers?

1.*video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1304403414366135212
2.*www.fileplanet.com/164078/160000/fileinfo/Supreme-Commander-E3-2006-Trailer-[High-Quality]
3.*video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7724003100293731353&hl=en
4.*www.thq-games.com/uk/site/thqtvhome.html?sp=Cuk.co.lawton.model.impl.TerritoryMovie:241

Enjoy...

I will keep you updated in this games. :)

Have fun

OP
T

thunderbird.117

It is funny that no one is talking about. I think India is not meant for RTS :(.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

I play lot of RTS. I hardly play action or Counterstrike. When i go to gaming popular they only RTS they have is age of empries 2 and warcraft 3. I hope indian will change soon.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
FPS sucks real bad, I nauseate each time. RTS and RPG are the one that rule and make me think. FPS is all trigger happy zombied persons.

OP
T

thunderbird.117

QwertyManiac said:
FPS sucks real bad, I nauseate each time. RTS and RPG are the one that rule and make me think. FPS is all trigger happy zombied persons.

What type of RTS and RPG do you own right own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom