Suitable Quad core processor & a mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

thilina

From Sri Lanka
Hello,
I stayed away from the computer hardware world for about 1 1/2 years cz of my Advanced Level examination.Now I need to assemble a pc before I enter the University.
I lack in knowladge of the latest chipsets and processors.Im planing to assemble a pc with a Quad core processor.
Can you guyz plz suggest me a good Quad core processor & a good mobo which suuports both DDR 2&3 memory.I've got only abt 13k-14k(In INR) to spend to these two components.So plz consider about that too when suggesting a combo.
Im not going to use this pc for gaming(actually alittle bit of gaming).So a good VGA is not a neccessity for me.All I need is a pc which have good computational power & performance.So a mobo with on board VGA is better suted for me because of the tight budget.

P.S:- Any changes to this config r welcome.

Phenom ??
Is it AMD??

Is AMD better than Intel??:-?

Wts better btvn Phenom & E8200 ??
Don't compare AMD to Intel. Compare their PRODUCTS instead ;)

As for final configuration, since you are on a budget, I advice you to wait for Athlon II X4 (though there is 70% chance that it will be overpriced when it comes to India, the 30% chance that it will come under 6.5K is still good enough to wait).

sona

Broken In
Since you have a low budget, It's difficult to have a intel Quad core processor and an Intel motherboard which supports DDR3 ram.

So go for AMD instead (Keep in mind that AMD is mostly suited for gaming and not upto the mark when it comes to doing professional work like programming, handling databases,image processing,etc.)

acewin

Point Blanc
u wont get any mobo supporting DDR3, and still ur budget is quiet low for getting an intel quad core,
and its always better in intel to buy 4K range mobo + 2K range gfx card than buying a 6K board with onboard gfx.
so my suggestion is
intel Q8200
Biostar P43-A7 Motherboard in 4.3K
HD4350 gfx card in 2.2-2.5K
you have also choice of P35 chipset mobos from Gigabyte/MSI in 4.3K range.

P series chipset from intel do not have onboard gfx, only G series or older chipsets have onboard gfx.

Even for AMD getting a phenom II quad core qill come out expensive for you, u are better of with Phenom II X3 i.e triple core or wait for for new release of amd's X4 line proccies which would be in your price range.
Phenom II X3 720 BE + Jetaway Ultra

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom