suitable graphic card for HP COMPAQ SR1931IL

rohit1985

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

I own a HP COMPAQ SR1931IL, and I am thinking of buying a graphic card for my system. My requirements would be good rendering of Windows 7 or 8, and sometimes game playing.
My configuration for the computer is as follows:

Base processor
PentiumD 820 (S) DC 2.8 GHz
800 MHz front side bus
Socket 775
Chipset
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
Motherboard
Manufacturer: ECS
Motherboard Name: RC410-M
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Asterope2-GL8E
Memory
Component Attributes
Memory Installed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Maximum allowed 2 GB (2 x 1 GB)
Speed supported PC2-4200 MB/sec
Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

It is a system bought directly from the company, so apart from the above information, all other things are same. If you guys want any other information, please let me know or you can directly have a look at this link. Compaq Presario SR1931IL Desktop PC | HP® Support

Regarding this purchase, I have some questions and would be really grateful for any responses and solutions. :)

1. Would the power supply unit( I believe it's called SMPS), be powerful enough to support a new hardware addition?

2. How to find out what kind of graphic cards will my MOBO support?

3. Does the graphic card have to be DDR2 only or can it be DDR3 as well? Will it make any kind of difference of choosing one type over another?

In addition to this, I have an analog TV laying spare with me. It has an amazing sound system attached to it. I plan to connect this TV with my system. So,

4. Does all the graphic cards have to ability to support multiple screens? Or are there any tweaks in the windows itself to achieve this?

5. How to go about connecting this TV with my computer? It has 3 ports (one video, two audio). Which cable would be optimum for this?

6. In India (Delhi), where should I go to buy this all stuff? If you happen to know any trust worthy hardware vendor, please pass on the knowledge.

What are your opinions about RADEON HD6450 and GEFORCE 210? Will they satisfy the above requirements?

I know, the above thread is a long one, but please help me. I will be highly obliged :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please specify your TV model n. - most modern gfx cards needs HDMI/DP port. Get the GT 210 for better compatibility and wait for other members to comment.

Top Bottom