Suggestions Pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
I had a Asus A8N-E mobo after few months of perfect working it showed up video controller problem and there was no display, it was replaced by Rashi peripherals and i got a M2N-E well in tat case i had to change the CPU and RAM. now last night i had the same problem with M2N-E that is video controller problem, there was no display. Its giving the display beep codes. I use a PCI-E graphic card XFX 7600GS.
I was wondering how is this possible that both the boards have same problem. Anyway the warrant got expired few months ago, now i am left with two options
1. buy a new mobo
2. take this mobo to service center and get it replaced/repaired if they are convinced.

Anyway I have this AMD 64 X2 processor, pls suggest a good mobo. and possibly not ASUS.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
One long beep followed by three short beep. There is no display.
Wen i had A8N-E i had the same problem after few months of usage then rashi changed the mobo saying video controller problem and i got M2N-E now after a yr same problem. Last evening wen i switched on the pc the video controller was uninstalled , then automatically win xp detected new hardware and re installed the vid controller, i restarted the pc after installation n it was working fine. At night wen i switched it on again this problem started. Previously i had this problem but then i used to take out the PCI E card and reinstall it and it used to work fine. Now it refuses.
My rig config
Asus M2N-E mobo
AMD 64 X2 4000+
Corsair XMS dual channel 1gbx2 Ram 800mhz
XFX 7600GS graphic

pls suggest a budget mobo which is good.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I use a Antec Sonata Cabinet with earthwatts PSU

Last edited:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I think this is your problem! Read the second reply:

*vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=M2R32-MVP&id=20090319090858471&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

After a few readings here and there. I found that the problem is not with your motherboard. Its your GPU. Try booting the PC without your GPU. I think its dying or is already dead!

Motherboard already mentioned. 790 is 4k. 785 is 3.5k.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
^^
Yes u might be right abt the GPU. last evening i fitted the graphic card in a friends computer and that PC didnt boot. It didnt even boot with the onboard grahpics that my friend had. I guess its the graphic card that has gone kaput. anyway in half an hour time i will fit it in another machine and chek whether the GPU has really gone.
Thanks for helping.
Any suggestion on a new PCI E Graphic card (budget one)

harsha0498

Right off the assembly line
easiest troubleshooting may be,upgrading the graphics card may solve the problem.or else visit a technician for a specific fix.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
For Graphic Card,check prices of nvidia 9500/9600/9800/ATI 4850/4870(arranged according to prices from low to high)

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Well i hardly play games these days, so no need for high end one. 80% of the time i am working on Photoshop CS3/4, rest 20% watching movies, etc. My budget is around 2300/-. My mobo is Asus M2NE.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Could you please mention you full config including your model and brand name, including PSU.

For now just know that Rs. 2300 isn't a good budget for a GPU. 9500GT DDR3 version is the best low end card you can get and that's around 3.5k.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Mt Configuration

AMD 64 X2 - 4200+
Asus M2N-E mobo
Corsair TWIN2X 2*1Gb memory 800Mhz
EarthWatts 500 Watt power supply
Sony DVD Writer
Seagate 80Gb+160Gb+40Gb+40Gb
Pinnacle Tv Tuner card
Creative SBLive 5.1 sound card
Chasis Antec Sonata
Creative Inspire 4.1
Borrowed last evening XFX Geforce 6200LE graphic card from a friend.

My pc worked perfectly last evening, hope it continues to do so. will test it few more days and then may be i will buy a new graphic card. My budget is 2300/- inclusive 4%vat. Pls suggest a card.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Are you planning to upgrade in the near future? If so don't invest on a GPU now. Get a full config with a decent PSU when you upgrade.

Also you could get Palit 9400GT Super at 2.5k. But its DDR2! Which is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom