Suggestions needed for Water Purifier

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi, this is one thing I've no idea.

Need your help here.

>Things I should look for
>Things I must avoid

Any models you would recommend.

I've done some searching and RO+UV+Automatic TDS control seems to be something I should look for.
I'm open to suggestions.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Brother you should look for RO+UV+TDS one. The "automatic" tds control and blah blah are just gimmicks. About brands, I would suggest you to buy any model for around 10k. 1 service and 1 year warranty is there of every brand. Do not fall for the AMC trap for these purifiers and never spend money on touchscreen/wifi controlled boxes. After one year, just get your filters changed from your local shop or by yourself after every 1000-1500 litres.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Thanks!

AMC or no AMC that is the question!

Also, any brand?

For a n00b, higher price creates and illusion that product might be good!

Even few of my friends are telling take any. As they say "any", I get more confused.

After sales service, parts price, availability etc. Shouldn't matter?

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How about these two models?

*www.amazon.in/dp/B07DYSX1HP/?coliid=I2SXRQCTTJI7WL&colid=2AEX5DAMHZB5D&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Livpure LIV-PEP-PRO-PLUS+ 7 L RO + UV + UF Water Purifier - Livpure : Flipkart.com

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks!

AMC or no AMC that is the question!

Also, any brand?

For a n00b, higher price creates and illusion that product might be good!

Even few of my friends are telling take any. As they say "any", I get more confused.

After sales service, parts price, availability etc. Shouldn't matter?

A big NO to any AMC. See selling a product is one time profit but AMC means regular profit. Moreover only filters are covered in AMC, if your motor goes kaput or some other part then its not. So, think about it.
If higher price creates an illusion then go for Kangen water purifiers. As per them even Bill Gates is using one.
Trust me when I say this, Aquaguard, Kent etc. have the same motors/internal parts. In most models they are manufactured by the same supplier but what matters to customers at the end of the day is Hema Malini selling a purifier or some old brand. Both are good and both are bad, depends upon your luck but I think you can pass the first year without any issues.
The models in those links look good but I would choose a model with a little higher storage capacity.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Those videos are nicely explained.

first you will need the source of water information and the location where you live.
In Mumbai you don't need RO filter and also the TDS of the water is much less than 500.

RO is required in places where hard water is used such as North East part of India where people drink from underground water where water is hard and Iron content is more. Also, RO makes water more sweet and removes minerals from water.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
RO does not make water 'more sweet',in fact it makes water 'tasteless' because pure water(H2O) is tasteless.You get taste in water because of the presence of minerals(check label of any top mineral water brand bottle like bisleri,you will find magnesium & potassium listed there under nutrition facts/ingredients). TDS in RO also maintains some of the minerals already present in water.

Ro Repairwala

Right off the assembly line
Hi, this is one thing I've no idea.

Need your help here.

>Things I should look for
>Things I must avoid

Any models you would recommend.

I've done some searching and RO+UV+Automatic TDS control seems to be something I should look for.
I'm open to suggestions.
!.Blue Star Aristo RO+UV 7 Litre Water Purifier. ...

2.Kent Grand Plus RO+UF+UV with TDS Controller Water Purifier.

Both are the best water purifier you can buy anyone

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
After watching videos of "CM purifiers" and few other RO/NF/UV related videos from YouTube, I've decided to buy from "CM Purifires" itself.

Their design is not very good but they promise to provide good and genuine products.
Price is in good range.

Only downside is looks, not some classy or cool looking device they are providing (Waternet for me)

b/w mailed and chatted via whatsapp with them after testing my home water TDS.
(My home water TDS is 370-375)

They have asked to WaterNet with 60% NF which would bring down TDS to 100.

Any expert comment here. I'm yet to buy though but finalized this one.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well they don't have in-person support outside Mumbai but amazon reviews suggests that is not a big issue.
In their own site, they've mentioned service center for Kolkata.
Hope they agree to travel to my place (even though I'm in kolkata, it's kinda North-South situation)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
In North as per the ro/purifier guys if tds is above 100 then its harmful.
checkout this video of Mumbai water TDS, the guy tests from 3 Sources
1. Tap water
2. Bore water
3. Mineral water

also refer the charts for acceptable TDS level
Drinking Water TDS Chart - Ideal Water TDS Level 150, 300 or 500?

Top Bottom