Suggestions needed for CPU/Mobo/RAM combo

obhi

Right off the assembly line
I just signed up after googling for hours trying to come up with a mobo/cpu/ram combo i will be buying tomorrow. I fried my RAM/CPU today with an ESD donno which one went..but the mobo was an old one. So after pondering over the internet I have come up with this:

CPU: i5-2500k
RAM: 4Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3
Mobo: Asus P8P67 or Z68.

Parts I will reuse:
HDD: 80, 500, 1000 GBs HDDs all Seagate
GPU: ATI 5770 HD
Cabinet (iBall)
PSU: CoolerMaster 600W

As I mentioned I own an old Ati HD 5770, will sell it some time..so trying for a future proof solution with the GPU (will go dual gpu CroosfireX) anyway.. what tweaking might you all suggest.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
O

obhi

Got my thingy..and couldnt sleep for two days straight (after burning my CPU/mobo/Ram to hell)..i hate when i dont get sleep...anyway here is my rig:

z68, i5 2500K, Vengeance Corsair 4GB.

All under 31K, I bought a few more things (Wireless Keybd + mouse, TV tuner, HDMI cable, SATA connectors, et. al.)..I think they slightly overpriced me because I have never really bargained well ever.

I already own a good PSU: CoolerMaster 600W, so not planning to upgrade until I upgrade my GPUs

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Nice, is the Z68 from asus? If so you might want to be careful with the TPU switch unless you have a good cpu cooler.

OP
O

obhi

Nice, is the Z68 from asus? If so you might want to be careful with the TPU switch unless you have a good cpu cooler.

Yea, P8z68-V-Pro, I am not going to touch overclocking really unless I am stress testing...any issues with the TPU switch and cooler if I leave it at defaut settings..so i should be careful about turning it on until i get some cooling rig??

tkin

Back to school!!
Yea, P8z68-V-Pro, I am not going to touch overclocking really unless I am stress testing...any issues with the TPU switch and cooler if I leave it at defaut settings..so i should be careful about turning it on until i get some cooling rig??
No no, switch is absolutely fine, if you use TPU it will auto oc your cpu, stock cooler can not handle the oc, so it will overheat, so do not oc it like that, get a good cooler and oc it manually, tpu is for noobs and not the best way to oc.

Top Bottom