Suggestions for first tablet?

etaha

Broken In
I want to buy a tablet as I'll be travelling more now & I really don't want to drag my laptop around with me everywhere. Initially I wanted to get the new iPad, but after researching a little I'm leaning towards android based ones. I've a budget of 20-25 k. I know iPad is good AND also realize it's over-hyped. So android it is.

I'll be using it for reading, browsing, watching videos, games. I also spend a LOT of time on Excel/PowerPoint/Word etc. It should also have a really good battery life. A couple of more questions--

-Will it be able to play different video formats (mp4,avi,mkv,flv etc) smoothly?
-Will I be able to read books under sunlight?
-How does it work with websites that stream videos (like with sidereel/putlocker & stuff)?
-USB ports, HDMI-out and an SD card slot for additional memory.
-Which is better 7" or 10" display for the needs above?
-Good camera quality is desirable but not necessary.
-Can it support Autocad? (OK that's a stretch)

Can't have everything but close enough will do.

mastervk

In the zone
for your budget go with branded tablet either Samsung tab or iPAD

-Will it be able to play different video formats (mp4,avi,mkv,flv etc) smoothly? YES
-Will I be able to read books under sunlight? depends upon the screen..IPS screen like iPAD is better but i think directly under sunlight might be possible for e ink reader only
-How does it work with websites that stream videos (like with sidereel/putlocker & stuff)?should not be a problem..you can run some browsers in desktop mode too
-USB ports, HDMI-out and an SD card slot for additional memory.supported
-Which is better 7" or 10" display for the needs above?for office work i prefer 10" display.for rest of your need 7" is good enough..
-Good camera quality is desirable but not necessary.
-Can it support Autocad? if there is autocad version for ios/android it will work :p

Ankit Omar

Broken In
The best option I would highly recommend is Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P3100 it available for Rs 19,300 on Flipkart and on retail outlets also it's pricing same.
And the answer of all your question is yes, except last one that's Autocad I'm in doubt for this feature.
According to my preference 7-inches is easy to handle than 10-inches, because normally we use Tablets as a mobile phone by carrying them in hand or putting them on table. Hence, 7-inches suits me best else you decide which size you like most.

Top Bottom