Suggestions for buying a sub 5K phone

bot9011

Broken In
Hello,
Guys I'm in market for a sub-5k smartphone and following are my requirements.

1. Budget? INR5000 max
2. Display type and size? 3 inches at least
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar with touch screen
4. Preferred choice of brand? Samsung or Nokia
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. A decent 2MP- 3MP cam
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android or Nokia Asha platform
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G and WIFI
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? -
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Internet, multimedia and clicking pictures, WhatsApp
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Samsung Galaxy Star and Nokia Asha 501
12. Any other info that you want to share:

I want this entry level phone for the basic use such as surfing the internet, clicking photos, WhatsApping and playing music. I would want the phone to be a bit trendy too. I have checked Nokia Asha 501's specs online and it looks like a decent phone which falls within my budget. However, I have heard that it runs on a new software platform and there aren't many apps that are developed for it. And as far as I have heard it doesn't support whatsapp too! So which phone do you think is the best within 5k range which supports all the latest basic apps including WhatsApp?

Thanks,

dude1

Journeyman
Nokia asha 501 is smooth to use...Star is laggy...U shud also consider phones from local companies at that budget...

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My vote is for 501.
Nokia has released the SDK for Asha platform today. Almost all of Symbian 40 apps should soon be available for the Asha platform. Also note that Whatsapp is only available for single sim versions.
Don't go for cheap Androids. They are cheap in quality and user experience also.
You really think Galaxy Star is trendy?

OP
B

bot9011

Broken In
My vote is for 501.
Nokia has released the SDK for Asha platform today. Almost all of Symbian 40 apps should soon be available for the Asha platform. Also note that Whatsapp is only available for single sim versions.
Don't go for cheap Androids. They are cheap in quality and user experience also.
You really think Galaxy Star is trendy?

Thanks for the quick reply. No, I don't think Samsung Galaxy Star is trendy, but since it has good specs ,at least on paper, I thought it's worth taking into consideration.
Now that you have mentioned that Nokia has released SDK for the Asha platform, the new Asha 501 has certainly made me keep all my focus on it.
Do you think the dual sim version of Asha 501 would support Whatsapp when it comes out ? and one more thing, does Galaxy Star sport proximity sensor? (I'm asking this because there isn't clear info mentioned regarding it on the official website)

Thanks for all the replies, guys :)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I doubt whatsapp would support 501 dual. As of now only two or three models (dual sim) are supported.

Arnab boss

In the zone
asha 210 is dual sim but whts app is running good with a shortcut key in the key pad...but its not touch screen....

Top Bottom