Suggestion on a Good Wi-Fi Router for Home Use ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/iBall-Baton-iB-WRD12EN-Wireless-Router/dp/B07F3P1PMR?tag=googinhydr18418-21

I bought this router for Rs 899 ( Rs 100 cashback on RuPay Cards )

It has 4x 5Dbi Antenna, 5 GHz: Up to 867 Mbps, 2.4 GHz: Up to 300 Mbps.

I know, iBall isn't really a brand one has faith in. But i needed a cheap yet powerful router, got a 70mbps broadband connection, was actually meaning to buy the TP Link WR940N which was available for Rs 1000 on Flipkart on some days. But when i saw this deal, i felt like taking a chance. I have been using the router for about 2 weeks now and it is working quite well actually. Range is decent, noticeably better than my previous router TP Link WR841N, speeds are great, i get transfer speeds of 100 - 150 mbps between my PCs which are in adjecent rooms to the one in the middle where router is kept. Its on all the time, no issues like wifi stopping ( had that issue with a TP Link AC750 C20i i bought a couple of years back, its lying useless now, should have got it exchanged under warranty :( )

Anyway, this is was my experience with getting a router for home use. If you're willing to take a risk of Rs 1000 against buying a costly router go ahead. Otherwise I suggest TP Link Wr940N or WR840N will be good enough for your use.

Looks like a very nice deal and yes it's a rewarding risk I must say. Read iball do not honor warranty for products purchased online. But given the price point and the review I think it's risk worth taking.

Top Bottom