Suggestion needed for New PC without GPU

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Games like Dota 2, pubg and Lightroom

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: strictly 55k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB is enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, preferably 22 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have GTX 960 and CM Devastator mouse keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within 10days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I'll do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad. Open to buy online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: looking for Ryzen 5 2600 build..And planning to get RTX 2060 or equivalent in near future..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -56K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 2600 -16k
Motherboard -Asus TUF B450 Plus Gaming -10k
RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GB -6k
SSD -Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -5k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550w -6k
Cabinet -Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5k
Monitor -BenQ GW2280 22 inch LED IPS -8k

Total -56K

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
Budget -56K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 2600 -16k
Motherboard -Asus TUF B450 Plus Gaming -10k
RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz 8GB -6k
SSD -Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD -5k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 550w -6k
Cabinet -Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5k
Monitor -BenQ GW2280 22 inch LED IPS -8k

Total -56K

Extra 3k for 1 TB HDD i suppose..

Any performance difference between 2400mhz and 3000mhz RAM?

Can i add 1 more 8gb later to use dual channel capabilities? Why is RAM kits are high priced than 2 single sticks?

Is there any big difference in Bronze and gold PSUs?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't need a 5k cabinet,a 3k one will do just fine,get Corsair Carbide 100R from amazon for 3k.

Ryzen processor performance also depends on ram speed & nowadays because of little price difference it is better to get 3000mhz ram.You can add same model stick later for dual channel.Get it from here:
Buy Online | Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 3000MHz RAM | Price in India
You can call/email them & transfer the money via neft/imps which will result in final price being 100-200 cheaper because of no payment gateway charges.

For mobo you can go with this one as it has better VRMs(better VRMs means cooler mobo temps with or without overclocking) but some people say MSI after sales support is not good.I would rather take chance with good mobo with "bad after sales support online comments" than buying a bad/avg mobo with good after sales support.
Buy Msi B450M MORTAR at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Gold psu are more efficient(so having better components too) but there can be a very good bronze psu which can be better than an avg gold psu.

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD RYZEN 7 1700-16,000
Asrock X370 PRO4-7,900
Corsair 8GBx2 DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16-9,800
Kingston A400 240GB-2,800
Antec EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO 550W-5,900
Corsair SPEC-ALPHA Black-Silver-4,200
LG 22MP68VQ-P-8,900

Total:-55,500

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
You don't need a 5k cabinet,a 3k one will do just fine,get Corsair Carbide 100R from amazon for 3k.

Ryzen processor performance also depends on ram speed & nowadays because of little price difference it is better to get 3000mhz ram.You can add same model stick later for dual channel.Get it from here:
Buy Online | Corsair 8GB DDR4 CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 3000MHz RAM | Price in India
You can call/email them & transfer the money via neft/imps which will result in final price being 100-200 cheaper because of no payment gateway charges.

For mobo you can go with this one as it has better VRMs(better VRMs means cooler mobo temps with or without overclocking) but some people say MSI after sales support is not good.I would rather take chance with good mobo with "bad after sales support online comments" than buying a bad/avg mobo with good after sales support.
Buy Msi B450M MORTAR at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Gold psu are more efficient(so having better components too) but there can be a very good bronze psu which can be better than an avg gold psu.

As i dont intend to do any OC, should I need a 10k motherboard? Any good advantage of choosing ATX over mATX considering i'm not going to OC?
Also if i want to use a after market cpu cooler later on, will it won't be any problem with mATX as they are smaller in size?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As i dont intend to do any OC, should I need a 10k motherboard? Any good advantage of choosing ATX over mATX considering i'm not going to OC?
Also if i want to use a after market cpu cooler later on, will it won't be any problem with mATX as they are smaller in size?
Problem is cheap/less than 8k B450 mobos have poor VRMs which means your mobo will run hotter which in itself is not an issue if your processor usage is not extremely high for long duration regularly(say more than 70-80% for few hours everyday) & you live in a cool area/ac room with very few power cuts.Since mobo is usually the 1st pc component to develop issues,it is better to go with a good quality one in the beginning itself.

Isn't newer the better?
Not necessarily,the main advantage of 2nd gen ryzen is better ram compatibility & better overclocking potential & a bit improved normal performance(aka without overclocking) but older/1st gen ryzen gives you more cores for around same price. Unless you really need 2 extra cores of 1700,getting a 2600 is no issue.

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
Problem is cheap/less than 8k B450 mobos have poor VRMs which means your mobo will run hotter which in itself is not an issue if your processor usage is not extremely high for long duration regularly(say more than 70-80% for few hours everyday) & you live in a cool area/ac room with very few power cuts.Since mobo is usually the 1st pc component to develop issues,it is better to go with a good quality one in the beginning itself.

Not necessarily,the main advantage of 2nd gen ryzen is better ram compatibility & better overclocking potential & a bit improved normal performance(aka without overclocking) but older/1st gen ryzen gives you more cores for around same price. Unless you really need 2 extra cores of 1700,getting a 2600 is no issue.

I'll stick with the 2600 as i dont really do intense work..
How about the Gigabyte B450 Aorus?
Or Asus Tuf or MSI mortor?

How good is corsair cx 550w Bronze?
Compare with Earthwatts gold 550w. The price difference is over 1k.. I'll be getting GTX 2060 in near future..

Minion

Conversation Architect
I'll stick with the 2600 as i dont really do intense work..
How about the Gigabyte B450 Aorus?
Or Asus Tuf or MSI mortor?

How good is corsair cx 550w Bronze?
Compare with Earthwatts gold 550w. The price difference is over 1k.. I'll be getting GTX 2060 in near future..

Still 1700 is much better than 2600 two extra cores,better stock cooler and all these you are getting for same price.

Regarding motherboard stick with asrock board I have suggested
Here is a review
ASROCK X370 PRO4 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review

Earthwatts Gold 550 is much better PSU and comes with 7 yrs warranty

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
Still 1700 is much better than 2600 two extra cores,better stock cooler and all these you are getting for same price.

Regarding motherboard stick with asrock board I have suggested
Here is a review
ASROCK X370 PRO4 (AMD X370) Motherboard Review

Earthwatts Gold 550 is much better PSU and comes with 7 yrs warranty

That's great then. I'll pick Antec gold.
And will consider ryzen 1700 for its better stock cooler, considering both have same performance. Ill drop after market cpu cooler, that saves few bucks..

Ryzen 7 1700 -16200
As rock X370 pro4 - 7900
Antec gold 550w - 5900
1TB WD HDD - 3000
I'll pick LG monitor over BenQ - 8900

I'll skip the SSD for now to fit the budget.
Does 3000 mhz RAM is suitable for old X370 board? Why dual RAM kit is of high price than 2 single RAMs, both way dual channel work,Right ?
I'm interested towards corsair Delta cabinet. Is it good right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI Mortar B450M has better VRMs than asrock,only reason to go for asrock & not MSI is either you don't trust MSI after sales service(there are some negative reports about it recently online but I don't take them as enough to drop MSI altogether) or you need ATX mobo(e.g.more sata ports,more functional pcie slots,more usb ports etc).

3000mhz ram is now considered bare minimum in US now,in fact even among 3000mhz there is differentiation based on CL timings with CL14 at top & CL17 at bottom.You will notice that most of the 3000mhz ram being sold in India are CL16 which is considered just about avg in US,most people there prefer CL15 if they can afford it. Dual ram kit is also costlier for the same reason,in India anything considered recommended by US standard is considered luxury here & hence the premium while anything considered avg there is considered as recommended here & hence the normal pricing. A very good example of this is recently launched kingston hyperx 3200mhz ram with almost same price as 3000mhz ram(5100 on primeabgb) but with very poor CL timing of CL18(for comparison this ram is the only 3200mhz ram with CL18 available in India & even abroad it is quite an anomaly).

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
MSI Mortar B450M has better VRMs than asrock,only reason to go for asrock & not MSI is either you don't trust MSI after sales service(there are some negative reports about it recently online but I don't take them as enough to drop MSI altogether) or you need ATX mobo(e.g.more sata ports,more functional pcie slots,more usb ports etc).

3000mhz ram is now considered bare minimum in US now,in fact even among 3000mhz there is differentiation based on CL timings with CL14 at top & CL17 at bottom.You will notice that most of the 3000mhz ram being sold in India are CL16 which is considered just about avg in US,most people there prefer CL15 if they can afford it. Dual ram kit is also costlier for the same reason,in India anything considered recommended by US standard is considered luxury here & hence the premium while anything considered avg there is considered as recommended here & hence the normal pricing. A very good example of this is recently launched kingston hyperx 3200mhz ram with almost same price as 3000mhz ram(5100 on primeabgb) but with very poor CL timing of CL18(for comparison this ram is the only 3200mhz ram with CL18 available in India & even abroad it is quite an anomaly).

But with almost same performance and features and price difference of 1500 less i think ASROCK x370 is a good deal. Right?

I see corsair vengeance is at 16CL and 2 single sticks costs nearly 10k While kit price starts at 12.5k.

So should i go for 2 single Corsair sticks of 3000mhz rather than kit?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well asrock x370 is a decent board,it is just that MSI B450M mortar has better VRMs & thus will run cooler than X370 under any condition(overclocking or not). If you think you can use extra features of asrock in future & not going to push your 1700 to limits for extended duration often then no issue.

Getting 2 of same ram stick model vs getting a kit should have no difference.

OP
Sai.Sharingan

Sai.Sharingan

Broken In
Well asrock x370 is a decent board,it is just that MSI B450M mortar has better VRMs & thus will run cooler than X370 under any condition(overclocking or not). If you think you can use extra features of asrock in future & not going to push your 1700 to limits for extended duration often then no issue.

Getting 2 of same ram stick model vs getting a kit should have no difference.

I'm not going to overclock anyway..

I'll check the prices and service centers by visiting CTC here in Hyderabad..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most likely you won't get asrock mobo,mdcomputers is official distributor of asrock & even they are currently showing this mobo as out of stock on their site.

Minion

Conversation Architect
That's great then. I'll pick Antec gold.
And will consider ryzen 1700 for its better stock cooler, considering both have same performance. Ill drop after market cpu cooler, that saves few bucks..

Ryzen 7 1700 -16200
As rock X370 pro4 - 7900
Antec gold 550w - 5900
1TB WD HDD - 3000
I'll pick LG monitor over BenQ - 8900

Does 3000 mhz RAM is suitable for old X370 board? Why dual RAM kit is of high price than 2 single RAMs, both way dual channel work,Right ?
I'm interested towards corsair Delta cabinet. Is it good right?

Yes,Get two RAM sticks of same RAM.

This is better with better airflow
Buy Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 RGB at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Top Bottom