Suggestion for workaholic laptop

1) What is your budget?
At the maximum 65,000 INR, can't spend more, not even a penny :)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, watching HD movies, all kind of office work, working with load balancing simulators, editing videos for youtube channel etc

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Lenovo, Sony, Dell (in this order)
b. Dislike: not any

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
A 4th gen core i7 processor
1 TB Harddisk
Backlit keyboard (a must)
Discrete graphics (not preferred but ok if no other configuration)
8 GB ram

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution - Ok with any resolution 768p or 900p or 1080p (Full HD) )
Battery back up - must have good battery life say 4 hours
Purchase place - I am ok with flipkart or Amazon

I am looking for a laptop that can be great on productivity front as i am not into gaming, but if the configuration comes with a discrete graphics card, i am ok with it. As mentioned above, backlit keyboard and a very good battery life is what i am looking for (so that's why discrete GPU is not preferred).

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+1 to Lenovo Z50 FHD version with 840m

PS: dGPU doesn't effects battery performance unless you are playing games on battery. Always use the laptop plugged into AC source and use it on battery for emergencies only.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
+1 to Lenovo Z50 FHD version with 840m

PS: dGPU doesn't effects battery performance unless you are playing games on battery. Always use the laptop plugged into AC source and use it on battery for emergencies only.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any other laptop that you can recommend or should I quit exploring.? Just thought of having some options. Also could you provide inputs on whether the Lenovo Z50 has backlit keyboard and a good battery life.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always personally see & demo a laptop at store before buying it.Also why do you need a core i7 in laptop when you also need good battery backup,these 2 things don't usually go together.people who need great battery backup go for lesser power hungry configurations & those who are looking for performance that really demands i7 don't care much for battery backup.

Gollum

Collector
are you planing to use a second monitor?

HP Elitebooks and Zbooks are way over your budget
You can try probook 650 or 450

HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook PC (K1Z83PA)

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
Always personally see & demo a laptop at store before buying it.Also why do you need a core i7 in laptop when you also need good battery backup,these 2 things don't usually go together.people who need great battery backup go for lesser power hungry configurations & those who are looking for performance that really demands i7 don't care much for battery backup.

Yes I am planning for a demo before buying it. Also I can understand that performance and battery don't go together, but i would like to know, aren't there laptops with Core i7 processor that has good battery life, say atleast 4 hours max.

- - - Updated - - -

are you planing to use a second monitor?

HP Elitebooks and Zbooks are way over your budget
You can try probook 650 or 450

HP ProBook 450 G2 Notebook PC (K1Z83PA)

Hey but it isn't Core i7 and it only has 500GB HDD.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Thing is there are many core i7 alternatives. core i7U have very low power consumption(15W) but are dual core. core i7 MQ have 4 cores but high power consumption(45W)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am planning for a demo before buying it. Also I can understand that performance and battery don't go together, but i would like to know, aren't there laptops with Core i7 processor that has good battery life, say atleast 4 hours max.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey but it isn't Core i7 and it only has 500GB HDD.

Check the no of cells in the battery. A 6 cell batter(~70Wh) which core i7U can easily last around 9-12 hours.
Source: Personal Experience.

Top Bottom