Suggestion for Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

pp2910

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have following config pc.
1. Celeron 2.66 GHz
2. 1 GB DDR RAM
3. 500 GB SATA II Seagate HDD
4. Sony DVD writer

I am doing conversion of printed photos to VCDs / DVDs with minor editing, etc

Now I am getting lot of enquiries for conversion of VHS tapes to VCDs / DVSs. As I don't have video card for said conversion, I would like to have suggestions from the forum members with respect to Price and Performance.

Thanks and regards,
prashant

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
You need an analog capture card. Matrox cards are good but quite expensive. Some video cards and TV tuners come with composite TV input, but their capture quality varies widely. Pinnacle has some medium-range capture cards and quality is generally good. An advantage of the more expensive cards is that they can do real-time hardware rendering and that saves a lot of time, and they have both analog and digital inputs.

It's been some time since I paid close attention to video capturing, so I can't cite any particular current model off the top of my head. Sorry. But I may be able to find out when I have time.

BTW, your config is fine for occasional hobby-type video editing, but if you intend to get into it seriously, I suggest you upgrade. Intel processors are generally faster than AMD for video editing. A Core 2 dual or quad core with at least 2GB RAM will show a dramatic reduction in rendering times.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom