Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HTC One M8

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Samsung Galaxy S5

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Vignesh B

Youngling
Am confused between LG G3, HTC One M8, Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S5(Snapdragon version). Please post the pros and cons of each.

1. Budget? ~45k

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. A decent performing camera. AM not so particular for this category. IMO, the camera in all of the above mentioned phones is more than enough.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Android
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Gaming + Multimedia
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? G3, M8, Z2 ,S5

Edit : Am also adding HTC One E8 to the list of short-listed phones

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

This is making me feel that I have bought G2 at wrong time. :(

achalshukla

New to this forum
Ok so Vignesh,
If you r ready to wait for some couple of days then you should definitely go for LG G3 and suppose if you don't wanna wait till june end or july end then you should rather go for Xperia Z2 coz both of them have almost same spec. which you will find in the comparison.. Only the problem. With Z2 is the Sound Quality due to it is Waterproof and dust proof..
Else you should go for the rest.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok so Vignesh,
If you r ready to wait for some couple of days then you should definitely go for LG G3 and suppose if you don't wanna wait till june end or july end then you should rather go for Xperia Z2 coz both of them have almost same spec. which you will find in the comparison.. Only the problem. With Z2 is the Sound Quality due to it is Waterproof and dust proof..
Else you should go for the rest.

1440 x 2560 pixels screen G3 >> 1080 x 1920 pixels screen of Z2
Corning Gorilla Glass 3 in G3>> scratch-resistant glass in Z2
OIS in G3 camera
a higher clocked quad core krait (2.5 GHz vs 2.3 GHz) in G3.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
OIS in G3 camera

Z2 1080p >>> 1440 x 2560

Avoid HTC One M8, it has good looks indeed, but it's camera quality is poor, though it has many features................

Rest 3 are good........... S4(4G) available in eBay @ 38k & Z2 @ 45k ................. G3 isn't launched yet

Another good news, HTC released HTC One E8, which has same specs as M8, except plastic body, 13MP rear cam (which is better), dual SIM & lower price ($450)....... In India, if it's launched at around 35-39k, then its start of good times for HTC here

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
Thanks guys for the suggestions!
I can wait till say, 2nd week of July. As of now am tilting towards the G3. If the 32GB version is launched in India, it would be great.
Anyway, when G3 is launched, I would love to have a in-hand experience of it before buying. Yesterday, I went to a shop to try out Z2 and it did feel good.
By the way, am also adding the HTC One E8 to the list.

kaz

right here
Just read today that G3 sales are much higher compared to S5 in Korea
Apparently in the first few days after release Galaxy S5 was selling 7,000-8,000 units per day back home. LG G3 is reportedly selling a staggering 25,000-30,000 units per day in South Korea.

- - - Updated - - -

You are considering E8 also. But personally I wont buy a dual sim fone ever because there is no official CM for dual sim phones yet. And also dev support of region specific phones are not good, like in case of S5 which has different processor for Indian market.

HBK007

Journeyman
OIS in G3 camera

Also laser autofocus and obvious support for the LG G watch featuring Android Wear..............
Therefore, +1 to the G3.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
Just read today that G3 sales are much higher compared to S5 in Korea

- - - Updated - - -

You are considering E8 also. But personally I wont buy a dual sim fone ever because there is no official CM for dual sim phones yet. And also dev support of region specific phones are not good, like in case of S5 which has different processor for Indian market.
I don't believe the same to happen in the international market. Normal people don't tend to look at the specs. Samsung's touchwiz, though geeks might dislike, has a huge fan following in the general public who look out for "features". Even in Korea the numbers might be skewed because of the ban on carriers during S5's launch.
But I still don't understand why Samsung packs its Indian based mobiles with the exynos processor and not the snapdragon one.

Top Bottom