Suggestion for a High End Gaming/Streaming/Editing PC for ₹1.8L

perspex

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: AAA and competitive gaming rig with capabilities for streaming and using video editing softwares like vegas pro, after effects, photoshop. I want to be playing the latest AAA games on ultra with above 60+ fps as I am going for a 144hz display.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Within ₹1.8 Lakhs (without monitor). Within ₹2L with the monitor.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Don't have any experience but am interested and willing to learn. So, Yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 Home.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 2 TB preferred with another SSD for the OS.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I would like an affordable 144hz display. I am more interested in higher Hz than resolution. Budget of monitor should be within ₹22K

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Mouse,Keyboard,UPS. (Have the APC RS 1100)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a week or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes i will build it myself. I don't trust local shop assemblers with cable management.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata. Chadni Chowk. I prefer buying everything from one shop rather than online unless i get a mind blowing deal.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I already have a build in mind and have posted a image of it below. The prices are off online as i know i can get these parts a bit cheaper locally. I am open to a new better build or optimisations to my build is fine too. I like RGB lighting and would prefer to have some but nothing over the top.

Attachments

• final build.PNG
    final build.PNG
    67.6 KB · Views: 108

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Intel is crazy expensive. Though Adobe products performs better with Intel, this is too much.
Unless you think you would go crazy with overclocking, I would say Air cooling is sufficient. If you want go for premium Air cooling from the likes of Noctua.
Go for gold rated PSU.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Change mobo to MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Change ssd to Buy Online ADATA XPG 256GB SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD ASX8200PNP-256GT-C In India
Zotac offers 5 years warranty(2+3 on online registration of card within 28 days of purchase. Buy ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP (ZT-T20700D-10P) at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Change psu to POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR TX-M SERIES™ TX650M -650 WATT 80 PLUS® GOLD CERTIFIED

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
Downgrade the CPU upgrade the GPU.
Like a 8700k? the price difference between 8700k and 9700k in my local shop is Rs. 4k. So its better to get the newer gen i suppose.

Also, im getting a 1080p 144hz display. A 2080 will be kinda overkill for 1080p. Also the card is like 80k -.-

Change mobo to MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
Change ssd to Buy Online ADATA XPG 256GB SX8200 Pro PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD ASX8200PNP-256GT-C In India
Zotac offers 5 years warranty(2+3 on online registration of card within 28 days of purchase. Buy ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2070 AMP (ZT-T20700D-10P) at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Change psu to POWER SUPPLY CORSAIR TX-M SERIES™ TX650M -650 WATT 80 PLUS® GOLD CERTIFIED

alright thanks for the suggestions. Just curious, why the mobo upgrade suggestion? and the ssd is better than the 860 evo? Didn't know zotac gave 5 years warranty, that's crazy. Thanks for that.

Also, is my old UPS (APC RS 1100) good enough for atleast get 10-15 mins power?
And is it better to go for a corsair h115i instead of the x62? But the rgb on the x62 is love..... :O
And one more thing (sorry), is a 240mm or 280mm better? i chose 280mm cause the h500 supports upto 280 and also the price difference is like 1k between the 240 and 280 models.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel Z390 mobo tier list:
*www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=250662&d=1548963030

Adata SX8200 is better than any sata ssd & just behind samsung's own much more expensive 970 Evo NVMe ssd series.

UPS backup time depends on battery & all batteries backup time decreases with time so can't say for sure.

See these & decide for yourself.
Corsair H115i vs NZXT Kraken X62 AIOs
NZXT Kraken X62 vs. Corsair H115i Pro : NZXT
NZXT Kraken X62 vs Corsair H115i : buildapc

OP
P

perspex

Broken In
Intel Z390 mobo tier list:
*www.overclock.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=250662&d=1548963030

Adata SX8200 is better than any sata ssd & just behind samsung's own much more expensive 970 Evo NVMe ssd series.

UPS backup time depends on battery & all batteries backup time decreases with time so can't say for sure.

See these & decide for yourself.
Corsair H115i vs NZXT Kraken X62 AIOs
NZXT Kraken X62 vs. Corsair H115i Pro : NZXT
NZXT Kraken X62 vs Corsair H115i : buildapc

alright, thanks for all the help. I'll post a pic here when i buy it.

Btw, any monitor suggestions for 1080p 144hz?

Top Bottom