Suggestion for a Good Headphone

v2kisad

Broken In
I'm looking for a high quality headphone for ITouch/S2.
My budget is around 8k. I'm considering visiting Bose showroom to try out their range. Please suggest other brands or models thats worth considering.Thanks.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Audio Technica AD700 hands down at that budget.

You can have a look at Denon D1100 as well. This one is closed while AD700 is open ended.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
www.pristinenote.com

The owner, Captain Gautham is very customer friendly and patient enough to listen to your needs, you can audition various headphones there, he might suggest you better ones too based on your taste. Do visit them once. They have a very good reputation and services.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Update:
Just now saw your thread on E, are these for your Wife, and for use while traveling?

Then the above mentioned hp's are a big no no unless you want to look like a cyborg :rolleyes:

I'd suggest something like a Koss KSC 75.

OP
v2kisad

v2kisad

Broken In
:) yes its for my wife.she hates the inear ones as it keeps falling out from her ear.shes taken a fancy of the big headphones as quite a few people use the big ones in london and it doesnt look odd.Plus being a lady she has a handbag to carry it too.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Those are monster sized 53mm driver based(AD700, D1100), too big to carry around IMO. If headphones is the choice then I suggest the M50's from Audio Technica. Foldable, easy to lug around comparatively.

akkib89

Broken In
Sennheiser Hd 518 and if you can spend a bit more there is nothing like Audio Technicha athm50s. Ad700 and Denon as advised are also very good options. If you go for 518, you will need an amp. M50s are very good even without external amping and so is the Denon. However note that Ad700 is not good for mobility, so it depends "where” you'll listen to music.

Top Bottom