Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Proccy and MoBo combined power draw at full load = 180 W
Drives and other stuff = 50 W
Monitor = 28 W
Modem = 8 W
Total = 266 W

Considering even a measly power factor of 0.6, 600 VA*0.6 = 360 W
And if you buy 800 VA then, 800*0.6 = 480 W Which is even more than your PSU can supply at full load (of course it'll draw >550 W at that load but who loads PSU at 100%)

So I'd suggest you get an APC 600W UPS. There's a big price gap between it's 600W and 700W models because of monitoring software. IMHO 800W sounds like an overkill. As a rule of thumb, so long as you don't have a graphics card that need power via 6/8 pin PCIe connectors then you'll be fine with 600VA.

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
700 VA and 800 VA units are available online. I also called their state HQ and they have the 700 VA in stock. I'd suppose it also appears on their official site. But technically very less number of stores have them due to lesser demand.

700 VA and 800 VA units are available online. I also called their state HQ and they have the 700 VA in stock. I'd suppose it also appears on their official site. But technically very less number of stores have them due to lesser demand.

last time I contacted APC, they mentioned that they no longer produce the 800 VA model even though it still appears on their website for support purpose.

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
last time I contacted APC, they mentioned that they no longer produce the 800 VA model even though it still appears on their website for support purpose.

Reasonable, If you have a GPU <75W You want 600 VA, You get higher, you spending enough money on graphics bling: bottomline you should get 1 KVA.

Top Bottom