Suggest upgrades

D

Deleted member 118788

Hi,

My rig specs are there in my sig. I didn't have much money to put when I built this rig few months back. I have saved 100K and I'm interested in upgrading my pc. What upgrades do you suggest?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A 4th generation core i5 processor. 8 Gigs of RAM. And SSD. A great graphics card. A great 22" monitor. Seriously, why you felt the need to upgrade?

Also, you didn't put your "requirements".

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

A 4th generation core i5 processor. 8 Gigs of RAM. And SSD. A great graphics card. A great 22" monitor. Seriously, why you felt the need to upgrade?

Also, you didn't put your "requirements".

I am not having any issue with the performance. I wanted to make the best possible rig previously but I didn't have much cash to put and now I have enough money for it. I am interested in knowing where I can put it in the rig to improve the experience. If not PC then suggest which other technology device or something which will be worth buying.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am not having any issue with the performance. I wanted to make the best possible rig previously but I didn't have much cash to put and now I have enough money for it. I am interested in knowing where I can put it in the rig to improve the experience. If not PC then suggest which other technology device or something which will be worth buying.

You can crossfire that GPU.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
For that kinda money, I'd go for (all prices are approximate):

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K - 32k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP - 11.5k
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 3GB - 30k (Go for Gigabyte, Asus, or Zotac)
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX (2x4GB) - 6.5k
PSU: Corsair RM750 - 9k

Total: 89k

That leaves you a cool 11k to spend on a Blu-ray burner and a Wireless Xbox 360 controller. You could also go for a nice set of speakers or anything else that suits your fancy.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
That's a good rig for now, I won't suggest any upgrades. wait for new line of CPUs and GPUs would be my suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

For that kinda money, I'd go for (all prices are approximate):

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K - 32k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP - 11.5k
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX770 3GB - 30k (Go for Gigabyte, Asus, or Zotac)
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX (2x4GB) - 6.5k
PSU: Corsair RM750 - 9k

Total: 89k

That leaves you a cool 11k to spend on a Blu-ray burner and a Wireless Xbox 360 controller. You could also go for a nice set of speakers or anything else that suits your fancy.

1. i7 4770k is 23k
2. R9 290 > GTX 770
3. 750 W PSU will be a waste.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
@op, you dont really need to upgrade now unless you really feels you are lacking in games. better save it for future products ;)

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
That's a good rig for now, I won't suggest any upgrades. wait for new line of CPUs and GPUs would be my suggestion.

- - - Updated - - -

1. i7 4770k is 23k
2. R9 290 > GTX 770
3. 750 W PSU will be a waste.

You're right! It's 23k. My bad :p
So that cuts it down by a good 9k.

I only recommended a 750W because it would be a lot more useful to overclock and add aftermarket coolers. With the above configuration, you can expect peak load to be around 450W.

As far as the GPU goes, the R9 290 does beat the GTX770 by about 16% in raw performance, but the power draw and heating is quite high. It's also quite noisier than the GTX770 (which is not always an issue for some). A hotter card is more likely to fail earlier and affect overall system stability. I'd go for Nvidia only because of the better cooling.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Also, you can't have enough money to built The "Best Possible Rig". Take the PC built by digit guys for example. Cost ran into 16 lakhs. Still it wasn't the fastest PC of "World". So don't just built cause you "have to", built it if you "need to" or "wish to".
Apart from crossfire you really don't need to upgrade since you already have got a good PC. I don't think many games use crossfire even. So you might as well spend on accessories like a racing wheel, 5.1 surround sound speaker sets to make a home theater, Blu ray player (although not that useful), multi monitor setup etc.

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Also, you can't have enough money to built The "Best Possible Rig". Take the PC built by digit guys for example. Cost ran into 16 lakhs. Still it wasn't the fastest PC of "World". So don't just built cause you "have to", built it if you "need to" or "wish to".
Apart from crossfire you really don't need to upgrade since you already have got a good PC. I don't think many games use crossfire even. So you might as well spend on accessories like a racing wheel, 5.1 surround sound speaker sets to make a home theater, Blu ray player (although not that useful), multi monitor setup etc.

Oooooo.... multi monitor setup sounds awesome! Maybe you could upgrade your graphics card to Nvidia and opt for Nvidia 3D vision.

OP
D

Deleted member 118788

Multi Monitor setup sounds interesting. When will be the next gen gpus releasing?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi,

My rig specs are there in my sig. I didn't have much money to put when I built this rig few months back. I have saved 100K and I'm interested in upgrading my pc. What upgrades do you suggest?

Your present RIG is perfect, So save your money now and wait for Skylake to release to upgrade...

Top Bottom