Journeyman
hi
my config

Athlon x4 630
2 gb ddr3
MSI785G-E53
2 harddisk
1 dvd writer

i have ordered gigabyte superb for this config, can gigabyte superb handle my config now and if i add ati 4850 equivalent card in future

importantly can i run this rig on cheap 450w smps till i get gigabyte superb

budget:2.5k

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Nope for the athlon x4 and a gpu that you will need at least a 460W PSU like the CM Real Power Pro 460W or Corsair VX450 which guarantee that 460W will be supplied without hassles. These PSU's cost well above 3k.

Do not go for the Coolermaster extreme power as these are not 80+ certified. Dont spend the 2-2.5k needlessly for a PSU that's not worth it.

Also while you "could" run your system on a cheapo PSU since you dont have a gpu added in there yet... its still a formidable risk in case the PSU blows up and damages components of the pc.

If possible please upscale the budget for a 550-650W PSU so that you can add a powerhungry GPU later on. It wont hurt to buy an expensive (but great) PSU because they practically be carried on to the next system that you might build later on. They are futureproof ^^ (if the pins and connectors arent changed :razz: )

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yup, gigabyte can handle with ease. for now u can use 450W generic. still its advisable change PSU at soonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom