Suggest me a Phone for MS Excel, WORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

csczero

Journeyman
Hi ,

I want a phone for editing creating microsoft excel and word. I run a small business . So every time transaction happens i want to note it in excel.

My budget is 10 K .

camera is not a requirement nor is the music.

Please suggest me a mobile

Thanks in advance

A

anarchist

Nokia E63 @12k, it has quickoffice bundled for editing word/excel files

Tamoghno

Padawan
E52 should be available very soon within weeks . Dont know about e55 , but expect it to come late sept at earliest.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Quick office have better compatibility with msoffice files than microsofts own office version for mobile.

You can use any format , including , doc,xls,ppt , and pdf . You can also do full email including exchange and imap with e63.

You'll be actually able to use those features because the battery will last long enough to use it.

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
oh thanks tamoghno ,

well just read some reviews about E63.... sound quality is pretty poor they say ... i dont care about cam .. is there any similar to E63 which has better sound quality... i can increase budget to 15 K

Tamoghno

Padawan
I dont think e63 is bad , just that its not upto the par with nseries's excellent level . E63 still beats many other brands and every windows mobile in sound quality. I think it will satisfy most people's needs

You may try n79 as alternative . But i think landscape orientation makew e63 better document viewer . Keyboard is one of the best in market .And e63 have superb battery life too.

Also look for upcoming e52 , seems to have good multimedia caability but not sure about price

k4ce

Youngling
u can try the asus p320 ... 11k ... 2mp , gps , wifi et al ... windows 6 ... good option ... only issue is that battery wont last more than 1-1.5 days

A

anarchist

Sound quality is not bad, only thing is that nokia gives average quality headphone in sales package & the loudspeakers are not loud as N73.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
E63

11 hours of talktime
wifi
full qwerty
and i am using it so i can definitely say that it simply rocks....no probs whatsoever

k4ce

Youngling
true the e63 is great , save for its really pathetic music capabilities ... i used my fren's the other day and it was really very average ... but for everything else , it does the job and does it will ... but if u have the money , nothing like an e71

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
hmmm thx guys ... too bad it doesnt have touch capabilities ...... btw is it just avg headphone that make its sound bad ... ??

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Take any s60v3 phone and you'll get it . . I m using n73 with quick office . .i can create new files in it too and edit them also plus browse my memory with it . . It can also open zip . . And send bluetooth .

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
hey ,

any touch panel phone to have these feature and also with fast processor ... im willing to buy phone with touch

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Dont use touchscreen only phone for text input based job . Typing on touchscreen in PITA. ( i'm using 5800 so i know it).

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Just few queries.

1) Can I open .chm file in any windows mobile phone?

2) Can I open a pdf, doc, ppt or xls file whose size is more than 500mb in a windows mobile phone?

3) Can I install softwares(as in pc windows) in windows mobile phone?

4) How are HTC qwerty phones?

true the e63 is great , save for its really pathetic music capabilities ... i used my fren's the other day and it was really very average ... but for everything else , it does the job and does it will ... but if u have the money , nothing like an e71
Music quality ? You mean is it a problem with bundled earphones or an internal hardware issue ? It was one of the phones I considered buying before my budget forced me to buy 5130XM.

OP
csczero

csczero

Journeyman
^^ thats what i wanted to ask as well .. is it E63's Earphones or its the phone itself giving bad sound quality :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom