Suggest me a Graphic Card, Case and Cooling System! 25k Budget

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
Hey guys,

I am looking for a good graphic card, cooling system and case for my PC. I have an i7 920 running right now at stock speeds, and I'll be overclocking it to 4.0 Ghz.

More details are given below:

Budget:

PC Usage:
I am a developer and I do a lot of image and video editing, coding etc. My PC runs some of my created software 24/7, and I also have a virtual machine running at all times.
I normally do not play games on my PC, so gaming is not a major requirement. I have my PS3, and Alienware M15X for that.

Requirements:
1) Graphic Card - I won't be playing many games so I am looking for a good card to boost the overall performance of my PC.
2) Cooling System - Since I am planning to overclock to 4 Ghz, I am looking for a decent air/liquid cooling system.
3) Case - The case needs to be solid with good air flow and multiple fans.

Current System Configuration:
Intel Core i7 920 Processor
Intel Desktop Board DX58SO Extreme
nVidia 9600 GT
Dell SP2208 WFP Monitor
12GB (Transcend 4GB X 2 @ 1333 Mhz + G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB @ 1600 Mhz)
4.32 TB Storage
Corsair TX750 PSU
CoolerMaster Elite 334 Case

Currently on my Mind:
1) Cooling System - I currently have the Noctua NH-D14 or the Corsair H100 in mind but I am a little scared that the H100 may leak. Besides, I haven't seen much difference in the cooling between the two.
2) Case - I read a few reviews about the Cooler Master HAF 922, and I really like it. It looks awesome but I am not too sure about going for it because of the price.

I'll also be replacing my Transcend RAM soon with 2 x G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB @ 1600 Mhz because when I initially bought my Transcend RAM 2.5 years back, I couldn't find a 1600 Mhz RAM anywhere.

Please post your suggestions and let me know if you have something different in mind for the cooling system.

Thanks,
Krish

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
case- Lian Li Lancool K58W @Rs.4300

GFX Card- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC @Rs.15300

Cooler= Noctua NH-D14 @Rs.4800

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
case- Lian Li Lancool K58W @Rs.4300

GFX Card- MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC @Rs.15300

Cooler= Noctua NH-D14 @Rs.4800

Thanks for the suggestions.

Actually, I am looking for a bigger case than the "Lian Li Lancool K58W", so that I do not have any problems in fitting a bigger cooling system.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
CM HAF 922 should easily fit Noctua cooler in.
Yeah, I know that. But it'll have problems in fitting the Corsair H100.

What about CM HAF 932? It looks awesome, but I am not sure if I should go for it at a price of 10k.
I can increase my budget a little if wanted.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
The Lian Li Lancool PC-K63 should meet your needs. It costs 7.5k.

Thanks, but it's still quite small for my needs. I was actually looking for a full size tower.
I bought the Coolermaster HAF 932 case today for roughly 10k.

I searched all over Nehru Place for the MSI 6950, but it was out of stock everywhere. Can someone recommend me a good dealer in Delhi from where I can get the card?

Also, I am still quite confused between the H100 and Noctua NH-D14. Any suggestions?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
The Lian Li Lancool PC-K63 should meet your needs. It costs 7.5k.

NZXT Phantom - 7.1K would be far better...

@OP, since the PC will not be used for gaming, I'd suggest

NZXT Phantom - 7.1K
Noctua nh-d14 - 4.8K
MSI R6850 cyclone PE/OC - 10K

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
HAF 932 @9.2k
Noctua NH-D14 @4.8k
MSI R6870 Hawk @11.8k

You would need to spend 1k extra, but it will be solid set of components. My brother owns a HAF 932, its super solid case with awesome airflow, he uses his cabinet as a chair to sit down! Plus it has got rollers too for portability.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
HAF 932 @9.2k
Noctua NH-D14 @4.8k
MSI R6870 Hawk @11.8k

You would need to spend 1k extra, but it will be solid set of components. My brother owns a HAF 932, its super solid case with awesome airflow, he uses his cabinet as a chair to sit down! Plus it has got rollers too for portability.

Yeah, I bought the HAF 932 yesterday. It's awesome, and I am in love with it!

Do you think I should go for the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system instead of the Noctua NH-D14, and the MSI R6950 instead of the R6870.

I know that will cost me a lot more than my initial budget, but I do not mind spending more if it's worth it.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Yeah, I bought the HAF 932 yesterday. It's awesome, and I am in love with it!

Do you think I should go for the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system instead of the Noctua NH-D14, and the MSI R6950 instead of the R6870.

I know that will cost me a lot more than my initial budget, but I do not mind spending more if it's worth it.

D14 should be quieter. It is a great purchase. And for the 6950, if you are not concentrating on gpu dependent applications then the 6870 should do just fine. Although the 6950 2GB TFII is anyday a much better choice than the 6870 Hawk.

P.S. How much did the 932 cost you?

DARK KNIGHT

The silent Warrior
krish_puri did u check all the stores in nehru palace . r u sure MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC is not available did u ask in little rose, smc & cost to cost . bcse
i also ant the same edition of card for my rig.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
krish_puri did u check all the stores in nehru palace . r u sure MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC is not available did u ask in little rose, smc & cost to cost . bcse

You can always buy it online.

OP
K

krish_puri

KrishPuri.com
D14 should be quieter. It is a great purchase. And for the 6950, if you are not concentrating on gpu dependent applications then the 6870 should do just fine. Although the 6950 2GB TFII is anyday a much better choice than the 6870 Hawk.

P.S. How much did the 932 cost you?
I got it for 9.8k.

I do use some GPU dependent apps so I think I would be going for the 6950.

I checked more than 25 shops (inluding SMC, am not sure about the other 2), but none of them had it in stock. Finally, the guy in the last shop told me that I was wasting my time, because most of the shops get it from the same distributor, and the distributor didn't have it.

Top Bottom