Suggest me a good Ryzen config

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
You can put sound cards, raid controllers, capture cards, wireless adapters, tv tuners or a second NIC etc.

You don't need to worry about that. Unless you already have any you won't be buying legacy hardware now that only works on PCI 1. You may want to look into sound card if you have studio quality equipment and have need for better audio. I recommend Gigabyte Gaming 3 b350 motherboard over this one if audio is priority as it comes with better audio codec and circuitry.

Ths suggested configs are good but I'd suggest, getting the GTX 1060. If budget is problem, you may want to look into Ryzen 1600 which saves ~7k on processor+cooler.

I am bit confused in last line you suggest .

For the following softwares .... 3D max , maya , photoshop , Substance painter, Mari , Keyshot , Marmoset and Unreal Engine ..... which is needed ?Higher CPU power or higher GPU power (or sadly both )?

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
It depends on the complexity of stuff you'd be doing. If your frames have ton of particles, complex models to be rendered of course you will be GPU limited. If you are doing entry level stuff with nothing much to render, it doesn't matter whether your bottleneck comes from CPU/GPU as you'd be hitting high frame rates anyway. At 1080p resolution, GTX 1050ti will be enough but GTX 1060 will be significantly better, especially for the unreal engine. At stock speeds, Ryzen 1600 is not far behind 1600x and it very easily overclocks to 3.7-3.8Ghz which makes the difference barely justifiable for the price increase.

ssb1551

Technomancer
From what little knowledge I have (shared by my friends who work on CAD/CAM designs and all) you need workstation GPUs to achieve those tasks like FirePro or Quadro. But like @Digital Fragger mentioned if its basic stuff then a decent CPU will be able to handle it but if complex designs on CAD/CAM is what you will work on most of the times then you should eye on workstation GPUs. For Photoshop - gaming GPUs will do.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But in some forums , people suggest that Ryzen architecture is equivalent to Intel old Broadwell architecture . So go for core i5 .
See, clock to clock and core to core, Ryzen equals Broadwell. But hey, Ryzen 5 has 2 extra cores and 8 extra threads compared to the latest Skylake i5. Ryzen 5 simply destroys the latest i5 in overall performance.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked this becuase , in future if I bought a peripheral with PCIe x1 / x4 slot , can I able to fit it ? That is does this motherboard support all PCIe x1, x4 peripherals ? (because the x1 and x4 slot pictures in internet is smaller )

*blog.duropc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/PCIe-slots-300x266.gif

I am not going to use mutli GPU configs
You can put a X1 or X4 card in a X16 slot and it will work completely fine.

Even an X16 card can be inserted in a physical X4 slot (provided the end is open on the slot to avoid obstruction), and it will work with reduced speed.

Moral of the story, if PCI-Express fits in physically, it works.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
In June 2017 Digit Magazine , under Digit Top 3 Recommended Buys section , in Graphics cards sub-section . the price of Gainward Gtx 1060 6GB is mentioned as Rs. 19,000 .

Is it correct ? 19,000 seems to be low for the 6GB variant of Gtx 1060.

I searched the product in internet , but I can't find any online dealer having stock in it.

How I buy Gainward Gtx 1060 6GB ?

if gainward gtx 1060 6GB not available in India , then please suggest the lowest priced GTX 1060 6GB manufacturer ...

I want 6GB because I think whether this 3GB is enough for 3D modeling and texturing softwares and game engines .

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
You won't get at this price now. 21k - 22k seems like new normal for 6gb 1060. Check for zotac cards at your local shops.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Budget -73.5K

AMD Ryzen R5 1600X -19500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(8GBx2) 3000Mhz -10000,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo -3500,
Antec VP550P -4000,
Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 -3500,
Zotac GTX1050Ti 4GB Mini -11500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9000,
Logitech MK200 KB/Mouse Combo -1000.
TOTAL -73,500.

Is there is any possible price drops in future ?

I read a article in digit "It is not advisable to buy a pc now "... Can I wait ?

Atleast can I able to buy GTX 1060 6GB below Rs.19,000

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
Asus Prime B350 Plus is one of the best B350 motherboards available, you can check these motherboards as well.

ASUS B350 F GAMING
GIGABYTE AB350M GAMING 3
ASROCK AB350 GAMING K4
MSI B350M GAMING PRO CARBON
MSI B350 KRAIT GAMING
Last two motherboards are only available on newegg.com online might not be launched in india but are top motherboard.

I like all this motherboards. But the cost seems to be higher for my budget (above 8,500) . Will you suggest a ryzen motherboard below 6,000 which have atleast 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports at back and 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports headers

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I like all these motherboards. But the cost seems to be higher for my budget (above 8,500). Will you suggest a Ryzen motherboard below 6,000 which have atleast 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports at back and 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports headers
Asus Prime A320M-K -5165.

Link:Asus Prime-A320M-K AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard

ssb1551

Technomancer
From the latest news mining Ethereum has become exponentially difficult as all crypto-currency mining is based on block-chain algorithm. So now ROI on mining Ethereum has diminished. People who actually mine use 4-5 GPUs (some crazy guy on YouTube showed his mining rig with 8 570s :emoji_astonished: ). Considering the cost of GPUs now its not that profitable. You are more than 6 months late to jump into mining now.

Top Bottom