Suggest me a good GPU

j.j

Broken In
My setup is Dell Optiplex 780 and I do not know which GPU can support this system.Please help and advise.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it'll support all current GPUs but it has a 235W PSU. so you'll need to change that first.

secondly, the cabinet is a slim tower (depending on which you have. a pic will help). so you'll have to go for a low profile GPU or change the cabinet too.

BTW budget for the upgrade?

OP
j.j

j.j

Broken In
Thank you Sam for chipin and helping.Mine is a bigger cabinet and not the narrowed one.Will try to post its snap in this weekend.Noted about changing PSU of higher wattage.Thx again mate.
With regards,
J.J

OP
j.j

j.j

Broken In
Brief idea of what is inside my p.c,here is a general idea for you Sam.I shall check with my hardware wala on p.s.u+GPU and revert back for your expert opinions.
Thanks thetechfreak,I first need to ask my hardware guy but honestly I can spend upto Rs.10k.
Dell OptiPlex 780 Service Manual--Removing the System Board

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the picture doesn't offer a clear picture. check the dell site and there it was listed to have a PCIe X 16 slot so you can add a GPU safely. i'll suggest getting Gigabyte HD7770 from SMCInternaltional and Corsair CX439W V2 from Flipkart. total will be 11k. else you may check HD6770 which will cost around 7k or less.

Top Bottom