Suggest Me a Game [PC]

Do We Need two Separate List of Games ( Sans Indie )

• Yes, A separate list of 100 must play games should be there

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • No, All Games sould be under one list only

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
yes initially my post was separate in page 1 with lots of games not just 10...
then after it is merged with yours it is only 10 :|
silent hill homecoming was also there

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
IMHO Rainbow Six Series should come into Squad based games, Reason there you need plan your routes, entry point and waypoints and you need to be in sync with your teammates else you are gone. It definately Squad beased game.

searched many forums
all of them are saying Diablo has rpg elements but mainly focuses on action elements

you mean your games are not listed there?

Well if you think diablo is action rpg then you have to put dragon age there as well. yeah diablo have very less dialouges and story branching but the game is same in dragon age, so IMHO it should be an RPG

Since we are talking about RPG's here,

A good action RPG is missing

Deus-Ex Series: The latest game in the series is Deus-Ex:Human Revolution, having a good gameplay and story, its your choice you can go in guns blazing or sneaking.
*cache.g4tv.com/images/ImageDb3/268479_S/deus-ex-human-revolution.jpg

Jrpg
The Last Remnant: I really loved square games and it think this one is the only jrpg done exclusively for pc. The gameplay is like typical Jrpgs(Final Fantasy etc). Really nice visuals and good storyline so if you want to play somthing like Final Fantasy on your PC this one is for you.
*images.psxextreme.com/screenshots/ps3_last_remnant/ps3_last_remnant_05.jpg

OP
Piyush

Piyush

Lanaya
IMHO Rainbow Six Series should come into Squad based games, Reason there you need plan your routes, entry point and waypoints and you need to be in sync with your teammates else you are gone. It definately Squad beased game.
yea....was thinking the same

Well if you think diablo is action rpg then you have to put dragon age there as well. yeah diablo have very less dialouges and story branching but the game is same in dragon age, so IMHO it should be an RPG
Lets rephrase my sentence:
"I searched many forums, games lists, gaming channels and asked 6-7 friends who played Diablo...90% answers were Hack n Slash with rpg elements"

On the other hand DA:O, DA2, KoA:TR....can be termed as "RPG games with action/Hack n Slash elements"

A good action RPG is missing
Deus-Ex Series:
Oh yea...I was about to add this game as soon as I played this game, but I think it is too far now
So will add it :)

Alok

Adventurer

let me differentiate.

1. Does your choices changes story of Diablo?
2. Do you have to care about relation with your party members in Diablo?
3. Can you control your party member in Diablo?
4. Can you pre-define tactics in Diablo?
5. Do you need as much strategy as dragon age origins in Diablo while in combat?

Both games have big difference.
Diablo series is Heck'n Slash or action rpg. Its totally different from
Dragon Age
Baulder Gates
Elder Scroll.

In Diablo everything is fixed and pre-defined and in an "core rpg" you have full control over the story, you can choose who are your friends and who are foes.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I haven't played it either but it could be a real nice game which didn't got as much attention as other good games.

As for diablo I haven't played it so the guys who have played would give better opinion.

+1 for deus ex series. I previously thought its added as a discussion was done for this game.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thread is going to have every game ever made under the sky recommended as must play. ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
Tom clancy's ghost recon should be under squad based fps.

my worst fear :(

OK lets see.
Everyone has a favorite genre so obviously he only need to see those part of this thread. Now if you take my example, I would first look at the RPG section and I'll play the game which I have missed. But yes there are some not so great games in your list for sure.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
my worst fear :(

That's the thing. There are too many genres and too many games. Cleanup a few names?
Can't comment everywhere but let me comment on racing for starters.

Flat-out series an ms BLUR/split second are seriously not must play. I'd say the F1 series can be included.
A game being good doesnt make it must play. There must be something special about it.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not every game just a few. :D

I can straightaway point to one particular game in your fav genre: Kingdoms of Amalur. Unlike Elder Scrolls or Witcher, it's not a must play. Nor it has any historical value if you are interested in the progress of a particular genre over the years. The story, design and gameplay are nothing unique to experience. All in all, it's a good game, but not MUST play.

Similarly, in Survival Horror FPS, Darkness II is not a must play. Far from it.

That's the thing. There are too many genres and too many games. Cleanup a few names?
Can't comment everywhere but let me comment on racing for starters.

Flat-out series an ms BLUR/split second are seriously not must play. I'd say the F1 series can be included.
A game bening good doesnt make it must play. There must be something special about it.

Exactly my point. If you talking about F1 Sims, Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4 is a must play, not Codie's current series. Similarly, the original Colin McRae Rally and Richard Burns Rally are must play for rally fans.

It's a different issue older games might not be so easily available.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^cant agree flatout 2 is not bad at all...SpEciality is Derby races

Play Racedriver GRiD and DiRT 3 and I think you might know why I said flatout isn't good.

If you like racing play the above games. It will take your driving skills to a new level :wink:

That said GRid should be a mustplay :|

@skud I think the whole Dirt series can be mustplay. Very very good simulation of real conditions. A truly "complete" game. Has everything a rally fan would want.

Apocalyp5e

Broken In
yeah need to root out some weed :D and we better need to be specific about the series cuz not all the games are good in a series :D

5. Do you need as much strategy as dragon age origins in Diablo while in combat?

No offense but...

Not A prerequisite for an RPG, there are tons of RPGs out there and only a few(mostly action/western RPGs) having that different story path.

We yes if you ever played it in multi-player each char has set role, paladin for healing amazon for Hit and Run, warrior for taking punishment(tanking) necromancers for support mentioning just a few. Although you can beat it in single player but its lot more fun while playing with your friends :)

No We can't, we can't even control our party memebers in MMORPGs, that doesn't mean those games aren't rpgs(Ragnarok, WOW, A3, Eve Online)

Well yes if you are playing in nightmare mode with a party, while playing alone its just (hit-run-Recover) Repeat

Nope that much strategy isn't required while in combat, I must say most of the western RPGs don't need that much strategy as Jrpgs(Sad part is all good jrpgs are on PS and xbox)

Lets Define RPG
1. Should have Level up system.
2. Should have char inventory.
3. Should have Skills/Magic etc.
4. Should have party.

As for hack and Slash: real hack and slash games are like DMC Series/ Onimusha Series, Darksiders, Ninja Gaiden, God of war.

However I agree that Diablo should be in Action RPG.

Just one advice who are looking forward to play Diablo 2, well its not going to impress you much cuz the graphics aren't what you are expecting (Actually its sprite based 2D game just like Age of Empires 2), not much to do just explore and kill. Not very good storyline. All these things are compared to today's RPGs. Diablo is a Legend Same as original starcraft. One who played both the starcafts will admit that starcraft was a way better then SC:Wings of liberty (gameplay wise)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Play Racedriver GRiD and DiRT 3 and I think you might know why I said flatout isn't good.

If you like racing play the above games. It will take your driving skills to a new level :wink:

That said GRid should be a mustplay :|

@skud I think the whole Dirt series can be mustplay. Very very good simulation of real conditions. A truly "complete" game. Has everything a rally fan would want.

True, but if you pin-point just one game, Dirt 2 is the one you should get.

And GRID is a must play, no question about that.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes Flatout isn't a must play. Its a good game.
As for Blur/Split second. They do have some unique value and are best for MP sessions. Yes SP isn't that great.
Also onimusha isn't a must play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom