suggest me a computer under 30K

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Here's The Best Config, acc to me(For ur Budget which is too low)-------->>>>>>>>>>

:arrow: AMD Athlon64 2800+
Rs.6250

:arrow: Asus K8V-SE Deluxe(VIA Chipset)
Rs.6000

:arrow: Hynix 512MB DDR SDRAM(400MHz)
Rs.3400

:arrow: LG Flatron/Samsung Magic Bright 17"
Rs.8000

:arrow: Seagate Baracudda 80GB (7200rpm)
Rs.2800

:arrow: GeForce4 MX 440 (8x 128MB DDR)
Rs.2500

:arrow: Samsung DVD/CD-RW Combo
Rs.2600

:arrow: iKey Keyboard & iBall Opti Mouse
Rs. 600+Rs.600

:arrow: 350W ATX Cabinet
Rs. 1200

:arrow: Altec Lansing 2.1 Speakers
Rs. 1300

TOTAL = Rs. 35,250

Well, I know this exeeds ur buget a little, but if u wanna buy a comp in this era, buying anything inferior to that would be injustice :evil:

I have suggested a DX8 GFX, thats cos of ur low budget, but after a year or so u can easily upgrade it!!!

To Reduce the cost u can go in for an AthlonXP 2800+ & a nForce2 Mobo!!!

But i wud not suggest that, it will make upgrading more costly in the long run........

!!!ENJOY!!!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Have a look at my post on Dec 24 under the thread "Buying a New PC - Need pricing" (my second post, not the first one on Dec 23). My suggestion there will give you better performance, esp in gaming, than a low-end 64-bit system for the same price.

The total is 31.6k. If you must stay within 30k, you can reduce the amount of RAM to 256MB and save about 2k. OR you can retain the 512MB RAM and save 6k by omitting the separate gfx card and use the onboard graphics for the time being. You can always add a better card later.

The onboard graphics is a GeForce4 MX (upto 128MB). You'll be able to play most games at low to medium settings. The exceptions are those that require a card with T&L capability, like Splinter Cell.

Major-Minor

Broken In
I would like to add to what maverick has suggested, a sony floppy drive for Rs. 350, also I think you could get the Samsung 17" Syncmaster753s for around Rs.6,200. Not to forget you can get a very cool IBM Optical mouse for as little as Rs. 350 and an Acer Keyboard for Rs. 350 as well.
So Rs. 35,250
(-) 8,000 ---Monitor --Maverick's Suggestion
(-) 1,200 --- Keyboard and Mouse -- Mavericks Suggestion
(+) 6,200 --- Monitor I Suggested
(+) 700 --- Keybrd and Mouse suggested by me
(+) 350 --- Floppy Drive
_______
________

Not much of a saving but something is better than nothing. If you want it cheaper - you will have to compromise on the processor and Ram, I think 256Mb should be enough to start with, also a Celeron would be cheaper than an AMD64.
Let us know what you have decided

Best of Luck.!

EDIT: - If I were to upgrade/buy a new PC now, I would wait some more time, save money and get a PCI-E set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom