Suggest me a best 1TB External HDD with Shock proof and water proof features

RageshAntony

In the zone
I want to buy a new 1TB External HDD . I also need Shock proof and water proof features. My budget is below 5000 .

I searched the net and found ADATA Dash Drive HD710 1TB and Transcend StoreJet 25M3 2.5-inch 1TB .

The ADATA Dash Drive HD710 1TB have both shockproof and waterproof . Also it supports Military MIL-STD-810G 516.6d Shockproof standard and IP68 waterproof standard . But in Amazon , it costs 5,500 in some sellers and 4,585 in a new unrated seller.

The Transcend StoreJet 25M3 2.5-inch 1TB only shockproof but not waterproof. Also it supports Military MIL-STD-810G 516.6d shockproof standard. It costs 4,500.

So I confused between these . The reviews of ADATA HD710 suggest that the HD710 is not practically waterproof. But I need waterproof . please give a suggestion.

maheshn

Journeyman
I'm personally having the ADATA HD710 (500gb version), Silicon Power 1TB Rugged, and a Transcend Storejet (don't recall the exact version now). I can tell you that practically none are "waterproof". The will resist the occasional splash or spill provided they are not in a powered up state., that's all. They are resistant to mild drops or bumps, or being thrown around in a backpack with other stuff.

If you really need something tough maybe you should see something like this at

ioSafe Products SoloPRO Overvie

Scroll down to see all the things available.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with or connected with them in any way. The link is just for your information!

Top Bottom