Suggest Graphics Card for Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
yeah go for 6200 agp version but let me tell u..... its striclty not for games...............

if you want something really cheap u can also go for any geforce fx card such as geforce fx 5200... it supports aero and has the requisite support for shader model 2.0, which is the minimum required for vista.......
the speed of fx 5200 is more than 6200...... why?...... because it has a wider bus of 128 bit whereas the 6200 has 64 bit bus......sorry... too technical.....

i use vista with aero in one of my computers with that card, the fx 5200:cool: ......

but anyways 6200 is a good deal

Last edited:
OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I want Card in AGP, with 256MB Memory, 3.0 PIXEL Shader, with NVidia CHIP.
Which of it is for about/upto Rs 3500, can go in 6 or 7 Series?

I will repeat all my considerations. I want to buy a Graphics Card for Windows Vista

I want to consider the following:
1:- I Almost Never Play Games.
2:- Need to purchase only & only for running Windows Vista Aero features.
3:- DDR2......(Maybe DDR3)
4:- 2.0 or 3.0 Pixel Shader.
5:- AGP 8X or PCI.
6:- 128 MB or 256 MB.
7:- Must Have Second Video OUT Port......(Any S-Video, DVI etc ..)
8:- Must have NVidia CHIP.
9:- Nineth & Most important,ie; It should be Below Rs 3500.

Is there any Model like THAT Available?

Last edited:
OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
A:-Is there any PERFORMANCE difference between, NVidia Graphics Card with NVidia Chip, AND Any other Brand with NVidia Chip?

B:-Is there any COST difference between, NVidia Graphics Card with NVidia Chip, AND Any other Brand with NVidia Chip?

C:-Is there any FEATURE difference between, NVidia Graphics Card with NVidia Chip, AND Any other Brand with NVidia Chip?

What if I opt for Zebronics Brand with NVidia Chip? What is the compariable model/Brand to Zebronics?

Shloeb

In the zone
I want to sell my XFX GeForce FX 5200 card. 256 MB version. If u want to buy it then contact me.

Shloeb

In the zone
Just pm me. We'll settle it there. This thread is not meant for that.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
emailaatif786 said:
Sorry, but I am not asking that Can I read the Text, or I need a magniflying glass?

Q:-
If I purchase 128 MB Graphics card having maximun resolution of 2048 × 1536 at 85Hz. Will my LG 15" CRT Monitor support that 1600 X 1200 resolution, or It will show "OUT of Frequency"?
Of course it won't buddy.How do you expect a monitor to provide you with a resolution which it is incapable of delivering? :confused:

Plus I think you got the whole concept of resolution kind of mixed up.You can't achieve the resolutions supported by your Graphic card on your monitor unless you have the capable montior with such native resolution.A 15 inch can take up a maximum resolution of 1024x768 & adding a graphic card which is capable of pulling a resolution of 2048x1536 won't give you 1600x1200 resolution support.It won't even display that option I suppose.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
allwyndlima said:
Of course it won't buddy.How do you expect a monitor to provide you with a resolution which it is incapable of delivering? :confused:

Plus I think you got the whole concept of resolution kind of mixed up.You can't achieve the resolutions supported by your Graphic card on your monitor unless you have the capable montior with such native resolution.A 15 inch can take up a maximum resolution of 1024x768 & adding a graphic card which is capable of pulling a resolution of 2048x1536 won't give you 1600x1200 resolution support.It won't even display that option I suppose.

yeah thts rite.when i bot my 7900gt card n plugged it into my 15inch monitor,
it showed "out of frequency".i had to get a 19" one n changed resolution to 800 * 600.after tht my monitor was inside frequency

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I recently purchased an AGP 256 MB Zebronics having NVidia FX 5200 Chip for Rs 3000 (Vista Ready). What about that?
BUT how can I know it's all detailed features?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^How detailed you mean? Anyways to know the basic features you can Right click on the desktop--->Properties---->settings--->Advanced & you'll get your specs of 5200 displayed on it.Also you can always head out to Nvidia's official website to check it's detailed specs.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
emailaatif786 said:
I want to buy a Graphics Card for Windows Vista.

I want to consider the following:

5:- AGP 8X or PCI.
Err. U mean PCi-e .. If so get 8500 GT eye closed though it wont outperform other cards but DX 10 support is what you need for application which will be released for VISTA :) As u said you not ino gaming this means that 8500 GT is best for u only if you have PCI-Express x16 slot :p

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
allwyndlima said:
^How detailed you mean? Anyways to know the basic features you can Right click on the desktop--->Properties---->settings--->Advanced & you'll get your specs of 5200 displayed on it.Also you can always head out to Nvidia's official website to check it's detailed specs.
I did it, but it shows only basic features.
How can i know all the features, shader, pixel, etc ,etc BY USING ANY UTILITY, SOFTWARE etc?
Also please refer to image below?
*img257.imageshack.us/img257/9313/uu765vt5.th.jpg

Why it shows 511 MB, as i have 256 MB with no shared RAM?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Use Everest to see the details of your graphics card

it is hsowing 512 MB RAM cos it is using the gfx cardsd 256 MB RAM as well as vista can use 256 MB more system RAM. Like in my case I m using a FX 5900XT with 128 MB RAM but Vista says I got 384 MB RAM cos if required Vista will use system RAM as graphics card ram

kooabs03

Banned
emailaatif786 said:
I did it, but it shows only basic features.
How can i know all the features, shader, pixel, etc ,etc BY USING ANY UTILITY, SOFTWARE etc?
Also please refer to image below?
*img257.imageshack.us/img257/9313/uu765vt5.th.jpg

Why it shows 511 MB, as i have 256 MB with no shared RAM?
use 3DMark06 to know the details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom