mrintech

Technomancer
Dear friends,

My P.C configuration is as follows:

Motherboard: Intel D845 GVSR
Hard-disk: Seagate 80 GB
Processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
Ram: 512 DDR

According to my P.C configuration, suggest a gr8 T.V tuner card!!!

What about clarity and resolution? I own a 17” L.G Flatron moniotor (E700SH)…. Let me tell about clarity and resolution of the card you suggest.

Moreover, how to convert my P.C into a Media Center One (neglecting the DVD Drive).

Please suggest soon.

- Mrinmay Bhattacharjee, mrintech, 9300764178

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I bought a pixel tv tuner card a couple of years ago and am not satisfied with its performance.
the clarity is not gud and functions are pretty few.
u shud go for pinnacle.
have hrd gud reviews abt thm and i have seen the picture quality at my frnds house who owns one-it is pretty decent.

netbakwas

Right off the assembly line
Hi!

U can look for COMPRO TV/PVR FM..with FM audio..i currently have this card...exceptional picture quality....supports recording in mpeg2(dvd format) and mpeg4( divx) too....340 channels.....

cost abt: Rs.2000..

Available at: Mediatech, Andheri...or Lamington Road - Shop Next to PC Guide...or Maybe PC GUide...i don't remember exactly...

Captain Crime

Journeyman
ankurgupta.me said:
I bought a pixel tv tuner card a couple of years ago and am not satisfied with its performance.

yeah..........pixel view sucks
i had it too

dont go 4 it

PINNACLE IS BEST

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
abhishek_sharma said:
buy a pinnacle pctv solution, expensive but gr8 performance, clarity and recording...
Pinnacle pctv sterio :p
And for a cheaper choice TechComm Tv pro. Its great ,offers realtime mpeg4 codind.Costs around Rs 1100

kanak

Right off the assembly line
ankurgupta.me said:
u shud go for pinnacle.
have hrd gud reviews abt thm and i have seen the picture quality at my frnds house who owns one-it is pretty decent.

agreed.

I too have a PixelView Card. One of the main problems with the card is that the bundled software isn't worth a damn. If you get this card, make sure you use 3rd party software like InterVideo WinDVR.

I think you should buy an external card unless you intend to do some recording. At first, i thought wow! record shows that's gonna be awesome. but i got pretty turned off by the quality of the recording and the size (pixelview's bundled software records in AVI with no compression (?) and results in 100 MB file per minute of recording). So far i have yet to record a single show with my TV card.

better if you buy card from another company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom