Suggest for Processor, Mobo and Graphics Card

sdk

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I would like to use it for games like Battlefield 3, Farcry 3, Assasins Creed 2, NFS MW 2012, COD MW2, Street Fighters x Tekken

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 12-16k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not in near future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I will use my existing Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17-inch LCD Monitor, 1280 x 1024 resolution

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Speakers, Keyboard and Mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month (* I know I might sound crazy when I mention this but - I can defer the purchase for a month or two if there is a possibility of any "drastic" price fall)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will prefer an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Will try the local market first. No problem in buying from online shops if its economic to do so

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I will not be able to upgrade the configuration frequently (I will use the new one for at least 4 years), I am being "coerced" :-D into buying a good gaming configuration by my younger brother and I whole-heartily want to fulfill his demand.I have no bias/fanboy-ism for intel/amd or amd/nvidia. In all I am looking for an efficient config for above req at best prices.:)
* P.S. - I was once constrained to use a P-4 (yes! , was "gifted" to me) which was an absolute waste for money, I own it today also and it is absolutely obsolete in today's terms. I don't want my brother to feel the same constraint after 4 years (Atleast not that much obsolescence)

dusu94

The Rock
@ op u wont get a good proceesor,good gpu or a good mobo.....so plz extend ur budget..:cool:

and if u want to buy whole pc then it will cost around 40k

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Ok then pls suggest a combination of cpu+gpu+mobo+ram which will give a decent gaming experience for above games and will be cost effective at the same time

dusu94

The Rock
anyway here is the most apt config for u to play the following games:
Processor: Intel i5 3470 Rs 11748
Mobo: Gigabyte b75m dh3 Rs 4121
HDD: WD 500 gb Rs. 2900
GPU: Zotac gtx 650ti 2gb Rs 11499
PSU: CORSAIR SMPS CX 500 V2 Rs 3386
Cabinet:Nzxt Gamma Rs. 2500
RAM: CORSAIR RAM VALUE 4GB DDR3 1600 Rs 1995
Total~Rs.38150

These prices have been coated from mdcomputer
and the processor if quoted from flipkart

Ok then pls suggest a combination of cpu+gpu+mobo+ram which will give a decent gaming experience for above games and will be cost effective at the same time
The minimum for gaming for your current resolution IMO is:

i3 3220 (7000)
Gigabyte B75MDH3 (4000)
Corsair Value Select 4GB (1900)
Sapphire HD7750 1GB (6700)

total: 19600

Nerevarine

Incarnate
AMD A10-5800K - 8k
FM2 Mobo of your choice - 5k
Corsair XMS3 - Rs 1.9k
Fits in your budget, will give you medium gaming experience

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
1. Can i cut some price by considering the amd alternative ?
2. In your opinion, won't I be able to draw a decent performance for above requirements via Saphhire hd 7750 1gb ddr5 ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The FM2 based APU already has a decent entry level GPU built in which should provide you with good performance at games played at your current resolution..
You may upgrade to a higher end GPU in the future

1. Can i cut some price by considering the amd alternative ?
2. In your opinion, won't I be able to draw a decent performance for above requirements via Saphhire hd 7750 1gb ddr5 ?
7750 will give moderate performance. If price is the issue, then Nerevarine's suggested config is the one you should go for. You'll be able to enjoy games at medium settings at your current resolution.

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Alright, thanks and if I plan to improve the gaming performance on the config suggested by Nerevarine, will I have some possibilities i.e, will I be able to comfortably upgrade or this config will act as a dead end

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Not really.. The processor will be a dead end as AMD A10 -5800k is the fastest APU released till today
But you will be able to upgrade GPU though

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
If buys a GFX card after one year or two. The iGPU of the A10 will go waste. Whereas the I5 + a GFX card will easily beat the A10

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
What if I knockout the miser in me and get I5 3450 + Sapphire HD7750 1GB,
now will this config nail the ultra//high settings ?
I know that in today's terms no config is future proof, but can I safely assume that it will be able to run the latest games (released/too be released) for the next 2 years at least,
pls give your suggestions, suggest any other comparable config in the revised budget +1000 k

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I know that in today's terms no config is future proof, but can I safely assume that it will be able to run the latest games (released/too be released) for the next 2 years at least,
pls give your suggestions, suggest any other comparable config in the revised budget +1000 k

very good combination.hd 7750 can easily handle games at 1280*1024res at high/ultra + you will have stronger cpu which means you can get high end gpus in future

If you plan to use the same mponitor (1280 x 1024) for quite some years, then the combination you mentioned is okay. BUT, if you plan to upgrade, then get 7770 instead.

OP
sdk

sdk

Broken In
Ok, then so it comes to - I5 3450 + Sapphire HD7770 1GB
Now, IS Sapphire a good choice or should I consider another options?
With the games starting to grow more demanding, should I consider 6 core/8 core FX series by AMD?
How much difference will I have if I use a FX 6100/8150 in place of i5 ?

Also there are two HD 7770's present at Flipkart -
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7770 OC Edition 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Top Bottom