Suggest Best Mobo for AM2 board

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstation2

Broken In
Hi

I am planning to upgrade my old PC . Please Sugest..

I have planned to go for AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (AM2) Processor.
I am confused in buying Good Motherboard with onboard graphics
I sorted for couple of mobo's

MSI K9NGM or MSI K9NGM2

ASUS M2N-MX or Asus M2NPV-MX

Please suggest which one is good amongst them.

I am also planning to buy 512 or 1Gb DDr-2 RAM ..can u suggest which brand shud i go for -Transcend/ hynix.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
Go for Transcend.Buy 2*512MB DDR2 cuz u'll be able to active the dual channel RAM supported by d mobo.I'm using Asus M2N-MX and i'mpretty happy witd performance.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
No dont go for 533MHz instead get a 667MHz,der will b wuite a performce diff between the 2 but price diff is marginal,so get urself transcend 512*2 667MHz DDR2 ram.@NISH i'll like to kno why u suggesting 533MHz what made u say that,any reason??dun mind juz wud like to kno.CHEERS

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^For AM2, even 667 is not enough... you need 800MHz bare minimum to match the performance of DDR400 on 939.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Aniruddh said:
No dont go for 533MHz instead get a 667MHz,der will b wuite a performce diff between the 2 but price diff is marginal,so get urself transcend 512*2 667MHz DDR2 ram.@NISH i'll like to kno why u suggesting 533MHz what made u say that,any reason??dun mind juz wud like to kno.CHEERS
galti se likh diya tha man.later realised it but light had gone.U shud go for 667mhz or 800.

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i also have 4gb of corsair 800mhz ddr 2 but didn't buy it from india.So don't know price here.it has great performance.i think heats up but jst a lil bit more than ddr 1.maybe coz of my pc(e6700 based).so had to put extra fan.i don't think that would ever be a problem if u buy just 1gb 800mhz.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well 800MHz is a hell of a performer...but wen lat i asked for the price for 2GB 800MHz ram it was like 24k :-( which is tooooo much not at all worth buyin.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
boomstation2 said:
Hi

I am planning to upgrade my old PC . Please Sugest..

I have planned to go for AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ (AM2) Processor.
I am confused in buying Good Motherboard with onboard graphics
I sorted for couple of mobo's

MSI K9NGM or MSI K9NGM2

ASUS M2N-MX or Asus M2NPV-MX

Please suggest which one is good amongst them.

I am also planning to buy 512 or 1Gb DDr-2 RAM ..can u suggest which brand shud i go for -Transcend/ hynix.
if u spend just 1k more u can get amd x2 3800+ am2.and there's a difference bw performances of both processors.buy a good rig now that lasts for a significant time.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
TOTALLY AGREE WITH NISH...3600+ AM2 has 512 L2 cache where as 3800+ has 1MB L2 cache...and clock speed 2 is more...dez thins for 1k more is worth.(but i wud hav opt for conroe)nywayz...happy computing!!

Last edited:
OP
boomstation2

boomstation2

Broken In
ya...it clicked me when i actually had a look at comparison of both processor. I have decided to go.for AMD 64 X2 3800+ only.
But confused with tht Mobo...with descent Onboard Graphics..only

I have thought these...preferably

1st Choice - M2N-VM DH (This seems to be new launched, so don't know @the price, but seems to have good features.)

2nd Choice - M2NPV-MX ( Seems all features r covered)

3rd Choice - M2N-MX (hardly any good feature than m2npv-mx).

4th may be MSi K9NGM2.

pls suggest on these..choices

and RAM will be most probably Transcend 512 (667Mhz)

Ch@0s

In the zone
Eh if you wanna spend so much, get core 2 duo instead. No use buying AM2. It'll work fine with 533 or 667 MHz ram as well. To the dude who's trolling about 4GB of corsair, its crap ram... its based on promos chips which suck at overclocking. The CL5.0 800MHz corsair was promos for a long time, now the retards have moved the 6400C4 corsairs to promos as well :p. Transcend DDR2 667 is better ram than that cos its atleast micron d9 :p.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Never even thot of overclocking...!
If u wanna buy core 2 duo u must buy a good motherboard with it.then only u can use it to its extreme.but even amd 3800+ is good.if u r a gamer then go for core 2 duo or just buy amd.coz in some apps like 3ds max or pro audio apps amd 3800+ shows better coz of amd's memory architecture.not joking.have used them.

Last edited:
OP
boomstation2

boomstation2

Broken In
Anyways i am not a Gamer.

And Core 2duo will be out of my Budget.

AMD2 X2 3800+ will satisfy my needs. but wanna a good mobo. thats my concern

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Great.just go for it.buy m2npv-mx board or the new 1 u r telling if its good.m2npv-mx is certainly worth it.
Eh if you wanna spend so much, get core 2 duo instead. No use buying AM2. It'll work fine with 533 or 667 MHz ram as well. To the dude who's trolling about 4GB of corsair, its crap ram... its based on promos chips which suck at overclocking. The CL5.0 800MHz corsair was promos for a long time, now the retards have moved the 6400C4 corsairs to promos as well :p. Transcend DDR2 667 is better ram than that cos its atleast micron d9 :p.
when did i say i have a single stick?I have 4 of 1gb each.its the latest 1.bought last month 4m NY.its not a promo 1.

Last edited:

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Where did I say you had one stick :p. If you have it, can you post a cpu-z screenie :).

And Core 2duo will be out of my Budget.

AMD2 X2 3800+ will satisfy my needs. but wanna a good mobo. thats my concern

E6300 C2D is 8.7-8.8K, P5LD2-VM-SE mobo is arnd 4.1K. You still think its out of your budget?

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
but u need a good motherboard for that proc to get it overclocked and all that.and its a gamer's machine.the guy ain't a gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom