Suggest a phone for 60+ year old person

pritamonline

Broken In
I want to buy a new phone for my father who is 63 yrs old and currently using Nokia 3110c (having big numeric buttons keypad),
Aircel has launched a new offer wherein we get Iphone 3Gs for Rs. 13000.

Father's main use would be just calling/receiving calls and sms (reading only; he doesn't know how to forward or send it to others :) )

I have ipod touch 4 which is very easy to use for any layman.

Should I go for ipod3gs which is similar in UI and having same ease of use?

Requirement:
Touch phone
Priority - Ease of use, Big key pad on touch screen, loud ringtone volume, voice clarity in calls, speaker phone.
Camera/Music/Video not a priority
Budget max rs. 15000

Last edited:

funskar

Padawan
Iball Aasaan Senior citizen phone.
*www.priceindia.in/tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/iBall-Aasaan.jpg

aroraanant

Explorer
For you dad Iphone 3GS seems to be a very good option.

Iball Aasaan Senior citizen phone.
*www.priceindia.in/tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/iBall-Aasaan.jpg

Dude he has already said that he want a touch screen phone for his dad, then it is no fun suggesting something like that to him

Last edited:
OP
pritamonline

pritamonline

Broken In
Thank you all for your feedback.

Today I had gone to Aircel Store to get iphone 3GS.

Unfortunately, iphone 3GS is out of stock at aircel and waiting period is about 1 month for direct purchase from store at Jawahar nagar, Goregaon W, Mumbai.

The phone is unlocked and we can use any other sim.
The total price comes to Rs. 13000 (9999+3000 rental).

Will wait for a month to get this phone.

mrintech

Technomancer

Unfortunately, iphone 3GS is out of stock at aircel and waiting period is about 1 month for direct purchase from store at Jawahar nagar, Goregaon W, Mumbai.

worth the wait :)

Uncle will love the phone :-D

Rockstar11

Technomancer

thanks

i am also thiknking to buy aircel iphone 3gs

Flash

Lost in speed
Whatever you have in mind, just select a phone with BIGGER SCREEN. Sometimes even the experienced have trouble typing in virtual keywords.

OP
pritamonline

pritamonline

Broken In
Just now I purchased iphone 3gs online directly from Aircel's site. Payment to be made by Card is 10K (online) and remaining 3K needs to be paid in cash to the aircels' representative who would be coming at my place to collect papers for new aircel postpaid connection (we will get receipt for 3k separately). I also added optional items like screen guard, car holder, pouch for additional charge of 400 rs.

Delivery of cell phone as per order is 8th Aug (there is also a note stating that it can take 13-15days) for the product to reach from date of order.

When we click BUY NOW on Aircel's site, the shopping link gets redirected to ncarry.nimbuzz.com and further online process takes place.

*img337.imageshack.us/img337/4594/iphone3gsb.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Just now I purchased iphone 3gs online directly from Aircel's site. Payment to be made by Card is 10K (online) and remaining 3K needs to be paid in cash to the aircels' representative who would be coming at your place to collect papers for new aircel postpaid connection (we will get receipt for 3k separately). I also added optional items like screen guard, car holder, pouch for additional charge of 400 rs.

Delivery of cell phone as per order is 8th Aug (there is also a note stating that it can take 13-15days) for the product to reach from date of order.

When we click BUY NOW on Aircel's site, the shopping link gets redirected to ncarry.nimbuzz.com and further online process takes place.

*img337.imageshack.us/img337/4594/iphone3gsb.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Congrats....

Top Bottom