Suggest a phone for 20k

Aakarshan

In the zone
Hi guys I have to purchase a new phone by this month.I need to know which phone should i buy.My budget is 20K rupees.I am a Sony Xperia ZR owner and thinking of selling it and buying a new phone.I have zeroed down to Xperia M4 Aqua, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact.I want to know which processor chip is better - sd 800 or sd 615?

Here is the my questionnaire.

1. Budget?

20K 22K max

2. Display type and size?

ofcourse Bar , Not more than 5" inches.

3. Dual sim?

Not necessary,But i am also thinking of getting a dual sim phone.

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Sony

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Camera atleast 13 MP.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

4G is the sole requirement.Must be a LTE enabled phone.It will be a bonus addon if that does have a IR blaster.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Watching Movies,Calling It should have a good call quality,Camera that could be able to taking good photos,some moderate gaming.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Sony Xperia M4 Aqua
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

10. Any other info that you want to share

Can't miss the waterproof option.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Under 22k phone with water proofing I know is Moto G(3rd gen) but it would be downgrade in camera and processor department IMO.

Wait for Moto X play

That's a 5.5" device & OP says 5" is max for him

- - - Updated - - -

Your advice is taken.
Can you suggest some phones that are comparable to xperia Z1?

Are you interested in buying phones without warranty? I bought Z3 Compact @ 23k from eBay, 2 months ago

Also S800>S615

You can consider Galaxy S5 too. Its performance is a bit lower than S800/801 but better than S615

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
That's a 5.5" device & OP says 5" is max for him

- - - Updated - - -

Are you interested in buying phones without warranty? I bought Z3 Compact @ 23k from eBay, 2 months ago

Also S800>S615

You can consider Galaxy S5 too. Its performance is a bit lower than S800/801 but better than S615
I don't want to use heavy phones and about samsung i want to stay away from it.Can't risk the phone.I want to buy a phone with warranty.I am thinking of buying Z1 Compact because of it's small size the only thing that i don't like that it's flaps and a sealed battery.The slots for sim and memory card are outside on the phone.
Everything is same in Z1 compact as Z1 except screen resolution but it does have a small 4.3 inch screen and it does also have IPS screen whether Z1 have a TFT screen with bad viewing angles.I am confused over the processors, i don't understand which processor in a mobile i should buy?I just want to buy the best out there in my budget.I don't understand which chip is better is 800 or 801?
Also Sony is selling Z Ultra at 13K. I don't know why?At the end of the day in real life performance matters not the components.I am very happy with my Sony Xperia ZR.

I don't want to use heavy phones and about samsung i want to stay away from it.Can't risk the phone.I want to buy a phone with warranty.I am thinking of buying Z1 Compact because of it's small size the only thing that i don't like that it's flaps and a sealed battery.The slots for sim and memory card are outside on the phone.
Everything is same in Z1 compact as Z1 except screen resolution but it does have a small 4.3 inch screen and it does also have IPS screen whether Z1 have a TFT screen with bad viewing angles.I am confused over the processors, i don't understand which processor in a mobile i should buy?I just want to buy the best out there in my budget.I don't understand which chip is better is 800 or 801?
Also Sony is selling Z Ultra at 13K. I don't know why?At the end of the day in real life performance matters not the components.I am very happy with my Sony Xperia ZR.

S801 is slightly better than S800

Z Ultra didn't sell well, due to 6" screen maybe. So its priced low to clear out stocks (this is what i think)

Z1 & Z1 compact have not so good screens in terms of brightness & contrast. Z3 series have improved screen.

If you are happy with your ZR, why not use it for another year or maybe till December. Get Z3 Compact when its price reduces. Currently I have seen Z3C selling for around 26k with warranty. Z3C has same dimensions as Z1C, but has 4.6" display. That's why I opted for it instead of Z1C. Flaps are a bit of annoyance, that's for sure

Your ZR should be running on 5.0 & will receive 5.1.1 soon. Sony's UI is smooth, your phone won't be lagging, why do you want to purchase a new one?

Top Bottom