Suggest a PC build for 30K. and pls tell me that how good is this build.

Aakarshan

In the zone
1. I will be using this PC for browsing internet youtube and one year later for playing games.

2. Budget 30K , +5K can stretch only a little bit.

3. Not planning to overclock.

4. Windows 7 or Windows 10 probably.

5. 1 TB hard drive space is needed.

6. Yes i am willing to buy a monitor also, probably with 720p resolution screen.

7. I am building this PC from the scratch.

8. I am planning to buy the parts in 2-3 days.

9. I will try to build this PC by myself.

10. I do live in delhi. I will be buying the parts from the Nehru Place market.If there is a cheaper counterpart is available online then i won't mind buying online.

11. I will be using this PC for browsing internet(watching videos on youtube alot), and after 1 year i will buy a graphics card and upgrade it to play games.I am using mobile to write that's why i can't copy-paste the information from the topic.

Here the build that i am eyeing for

Processor - Intel I3 4160 or Intel I5 4460 8K , 12K
Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M D3H 5500 Rs.
Monitor - Dell E1914H 5800 Rs.
HDD - WD Blue 1 TB. 3600 Rs.
PSU - Antec VP450P 2700 Rs.
Ram - Kingston HyperXfury 8 GB 2400 Rs.
Cabinet - Any Local Cabinet - 1K
Mouse & Keyboard - MK800 Combo - 800 Rs.

Total - 29,800 Rs.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It's good. LG D2015H is a FHD monitor, price difference is not much.
For 3k more, you can get i3 Skylake (just for consideration).

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
It's good. LG D2015H is a FHD monitor, price difference is not much.
For 3k more, you can get i3 Skylake (just for consideration).
Is i3 6th gen any good.Will there any advantage of skylake over 4th gen.I do think because of skylake the price of the total build will rise as the mobo and ram for 1151 socket is a bit costly in comparison to 4th gen.
I am also considering to buy I5 - 4460 as it just available to buy at 12K.
By spending 4K more i can get I5 - 4460

I am eyeing for a build that can play at 720p, with maintaining acceptable frames about 60.I will buy a Nvidia GTX 750Ti probably
That's why i'm buying an 720p monitor.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Is i3 6th gen any good.Will there any advantage of skylake over 4th gen.I do think because of skylake the price of the total build will rise as the mobo and ram for 1151 socket is a bit costly in comparison to 4th gen.
I am also considering to buy I5 - 4460 as it just available to buy at 12K.
By spending 4K more i can get I5 - 4460

I am eyeing for a build that can play at 720p, with maintaining acceptable frames about 60.I will buy a Nvidia GTX 750Ti probably
That's why i'm buying an 720p monitor.
Performance wise difference is not much, but price difference (3k) too not huge, so the suggestion.
If you can afford i5, sure that's a better choice.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
If u cant stretch ur budget stick with the rig..A skylakenrig would make u upgrade ur mobo and Ram sticks too..
Also keep in mind to get a good CPU cooler after some time..
Coz older i3 gens have been known to thermal throttle like crazy..
Also keep rechecking the thermal compund on the pocessor.
I had the same processor..And i got the same thermal throttling problem.
But if u get the cooler and compound thing in check..There wont be no problems..
That worked for me...
Hope this helped

OP
A

Aakarshan

In the zone
I did went to the market today.I have two questions to ask :

I am buying the I5 processor with tge above rig, i want to know how much power i would need to run the above specs knowing the fact that i will buy the GTX 950 Gpu in couple of month.
Should i buy 450 wt or 500 wt.I mean how much power is enough?
Which brand's psu should i buy and brands i should avoid.

I am confused to buy the monitor, as i am confused in selecting the resolution. Which resolution i should keep in eye before buying the monitor?

I was thinking to buy the 720p resolution. and now i am confused with 1080p. I was earlier thinking to buy 720p monitor because i was eyeing the 720p gaming at ultra setting with good fps? But now i am confused that should i buy a 1080p or not?

Please give any important information about monitors to keep in mind before buying the monitor.
Here i was considering Dell E1914H Monitor to buy earlier.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
450W is sufficient for i5 + GTX950. It's better to get better rated PSU, Seasonic S12II Bronze 430W. Check out the PSU recommendation thread in PSU section of this forum and graphic card section for the recommended power requirement for the GPU you buy.

With i5 and Seasonic PSU your budget gonna shoot up significantly.

shekharSHASHANK

Journeyman
My suggestion-
1)Go for a a 500W PSU(450W should do it too but try a 500W just in case)..PSUs are often among the less researched parts while building a rig.However if a substandered underpowered PSU is put into a system. It might cost you rig entirely,i have heard about bursting PSU taking down the entire system.
Check the efficiency too..

2)And go for a 1080p monitor,if you are absolutely sure about buying a 950.

720==>1080p has significant optic differences. And a/c to an arstechnica article 950 is a great budget GPU for 1080p gaming.

Links

*googleweblight.com/?lite_url=*arst...821772&sig=APY536zUIUjAn3hVVZ9Quzb4imDyDuKS_A

Top Bottom